Deposit not protected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit not protected

I joined a shared rental property (2 other tenants) on 10th June 2017. The agency managing the property were Foxtons. When dealing with them I asked about where my Deposit would be protected etc. I was informed that I would actually pay my share of the deposit directly to the tenant who was leaving as the "Full Deposit" was held in a ring fenced account controlled by Foxtons and protected by an accredited Deposit Protection Scheme. Once my deposit was paid i would receive a certificate showing my name on the Deposit Protection Scheme etc. I dutifully complied with these instructions. I only received an UNSIGNED certificate in October when one of the other tenants was replaced. I went on MyDeposits website and used their Deposit Checker and can only find a record of my name and address registered from September. I understand this is longer than the 30 days allowed by law and wanted to ask if this constitutes a breach of contract? Can I demand the deposit back in full? If I took them to court would i win? I am planning to move out in March and would like to know my options.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X