Right to Rent visa expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right to Rent visa expired

I have a foreign tenant who was on a temporary visa when I took her on. Her visa expired last month and, as yet, she has not had it renewed. She says she’s applied to have it renewed.

Do you know what my obligations are under Right to Rent? At what stage do I have to issue her with a s21? Is there a time limit since the visa expired.....?

Call the Home Office Right to Rent landlords helpline. 0300 069 9799

Comment

She has two months in which to sort the visa, in which you could revoke the section 21 notice, before you could go beyond just a notice, so I would suggest issuing it immediately.

According to https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-february-2016 , if they claim an application is in progress, you should immediately make an enquiry of the government's Landlords' Checking Service, and if that fails immediately report them to the Home Office.

Comment

What are the perks of being employed as a Government immigration officer? Good pay, final salary pension scheme?

"What immigration crisis? We've got our best people on the job, sorting it out, Joe Public"
        "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
          Call the Home Office Right to Rent landlords helpline. 0300 069 9799
          Called the helpline, apparently I need to get her case ID, then do an LCS check on her and if that passes, that covers me for a further 12 months.

Comment

That's good to know

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X