tenant hasn't paid last months rent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you give 24 hours notice of your intention to visit to inspect the condition of the property, you have a right to enter.
    The tenant can decline to allow you in, or lock you out (they have a right to exclude you that matches your right to enter).

So you turn up when you say you will (presuming they haven't responded) with a witness, knock, make a lot of noise opening the door, shout hello anyone there for a while until you are sure you're a) dealing with an empty house or b) you and the witness can honestly say you believed you were and go in.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Ok, thanks for that bit of information. Hopefully it looks like it won't come to this as I received a text back from the tenant stating a time that is ok for me to pick the keys up. I have a feeling they have already moved out and living else where and are just waiting for the date stated on the S21 notice to hand the keys back.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X