Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPT57
    replied
    As others have said, be upfront and you should be ok with a reasonable landlord. Even permitted occupiers have to have Right to Rent checks so its not unusual

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    Credit ref checks are only required for signatory Ts or Guarantor, but as LL I would credit ref anyone wishing to reside in my property. Explain to LL/LA in writng (dated) that you apply as sole T, but you wish your named partner/bf as permtted occupier. LL can reject your T applicaiion.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Than can refuse or not for whatever (legal) reason they like.

CCJs are not binary things. As a landlord I would want the FULL details of what exactly the CCJ was about, with evidence.

It is fairly hard to stop you from taking on a lodger, but if landlord feels hoodwinked they can evict you when able to do so.

I would just be upfront and say that you wish to let as the sole tenant, but want permission to have an unspecified lodger stay at some point (you have more than one potential partner in mind). See what happens.

But this sort of thing is a lesson in why not to get a CCJ.

Leave a comment:

• Lauren 1234
    started a topic Partner as Permitted occupier worries

Partner as Permitted occupier worries

Hi all

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere but u have looked everywhere and can' find an answer!!

My current landlord is selling their property so I have put an app in for a new one. I have been renting on my own for three years and not caused any problems my credit is fine and my job is a decent permanent one. I have applied as a sole tennant however my partner is currently looking to move down here. I need to move now hence the sole tenancy but he should be here soon too. He has a ccj in his name as a result of his parents going bankrupt and dragging him into a legal battle. We would like him ideally as a permitted occupier as I can pay the rent on my own. Agent has said he can go on as a permitted occupier in the future if I want or a tennant but either way he needs reference checks.

Can they refuse him as an occupier as a result of the ccj even though I can pay the rent and will likely have been doing for a couple of months too?

Due to his parents mess he is renting a property currently with a garantour and his parents are occupiers...the lease doesn't run out until September. It is very unlikely he can get out of it sooner than that for personal reasons. Is this also going to impact on whether he can be an occupier.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance all!

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to MCOL & PCOL
    by Perce
    OS7

Yes you can start your application now. The sooner the better, I think, as it takes time. My solicitors applied in the middle of Jan but I have not heard anything yet neither from the County Court nor The High Court (I applied to both).

As far as I know the tenants...
    24-01-2021, 19:06 PM
  • MCOL & PCOL
    by OS7
    Hello Everyone,

Via Section 21,i have recently been granted a possession order for my property to happen in middle Jan 2021. The tenants are claiming housing benefit and they owe rent arrears and monies just under £7000 - I have applied for MCOL and now currently waiting to request judgement...
    04-01-2021, 14:16 PM
  • Reply to Tenant county court claim
    by alice123
    I would get the advice of a good solicitor , he will charge but he will be able to help
    I personally think you did all you could to prevent this and the fact that you have -

'we offered a professional mould clean, a dehumidifier and a to visit the flat to inspect the mould ourselves....
    24-01-2021, 18:51 PM
  • Tenant county court claim
    by Jennyturn
    Hello,

I would really appreciate some advice before I contact a solicitor.

In October my tenant reported that their was water coming in through a extractor fan via our agent. Who sent a contractor who recommended a damp report.

I agree to this and it stated damp...
    24-01-2021, 13:14 PM
  • Reply to MCOL & PCOL
    by OS7
    Thanks Perce.
    I hope to speak to council tomorrow to let them know my intentions to evict.
    I also wanted to ask about your HCEO proceedings. Have you heard anyyhing back.
    Could I also ask as I am going via county court enforcement, could I start the application now for county court...
    24-01-2021, 18:02 PM
  • Reply to What happens when furlough ends?
    by Neelix
    a bit like lots of UK benefits...
    24-01-2021, 17:39 PM
  • What happens when furlough ends?
    by JK0
    A worrying thought has occurred to me tonight. If furlough ends on 30th April, as I believe it's meant to, are we going to find loads more tenants unable to pay their rent?

I know one of mine is a taxi driver, and I'm amazed he's managed to come up with the rent so far.

Any...
    23-01-2021, 19:40 PM
  • Reply to Renting to a housing professional
    by Hudson01
    Covid or not, no one will walk over any of my rental thresholds without me first meeting them, never have and never will, I put this alone down to why after many years in the BTL arena i have had zero arrears and zero notable issues.

Its sounds odd behavior, that alone would be a no.
    24-01-2021, 17:24 PM
  • Renting to a housing professional
    by Celibin
    I have advertised a good size flat in a small town via an established Letting agent. A chap who lives some 60 miles away and will be working from home has got a colleague locally to visit the place and an offer has been made on it. (e will not be seeing the flat himself (as far as I am aware) and prefers...
    22-01-2021, 15:49 PM
  • Reply to What happens when furlough ends?
    by Hudson01
    I can see that point of view, my concern is the length of it and how people can easily become comfortable in getting paid very well for doing nothing at all, then getting back to work. My job has meant i have worked throughout the pandemic and in fact have been even more busy than normal, i have talked...
    24-01-2021, 17:09 PM
Working...
X