Whos responsible for slow draining bathroom sink and black grout? Landlord or Tenant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about external drains ?

Is it the subtenant that has to unblock these or the landlord,.

I ask as others are usually blocked with leaves ( which i always remove, and get my arm down there to get the grit and mushy decomposed leaves removed )
    But there is one that runs from the gutters,( roof ) and it's full of grit, soil and was via picture completely blocked. But the small off shoot which goes up, is clear as far as my middle knuckles will go, so its the pipe running horizontally to the road that is blocked.

You will tell me it needs a back flush pipe thingy, and i agree, but who pays ?

Comment

I use a long wire hook to get hair out of bath or sink drains. Showers often have top serviceable plugholes.
      silicon Seal always goes black so I would call it fair wear and tear. I would not trust a tenant to cut it out and replace it without making a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Codger View Post
        silicon Seal always goes black
        It only goes black if it is left wet; It is not inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Codger View Post
          I use a long wire hook to get hair out of bath or sink drains. Showers often have top serviceable plugholes.
          silicon Seal always goes black so I would call it fair wear and tear. I would not trust a tenant to cut it out and replace it without making a leak.
          Those serviceable plugholes are the most disgusting things ever! Whoever designed them should be made to clean them out. I've removed mine and will put drain cleaner down if it gets blocked. It makes me gag to clean it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post

Those serviceable plugholes are the most disgusting things ever! It makes me gag to clean it out.
            What she said.

Comment

No more disgusting than a regular plughole, it's just that you can see what's in there.

Being a Plumber entails dealing with muck, and worse.
              Think about that next time you get a plumbing bill.

Comment

I long ago learnt to trust in rubber gloves and have unblocked plugholes drains gullys and sewers. Where theres muck theres brass as they say. In the above case i would leave a plunger behind.
                most tenants take the hint if you turn up in a collar and tie to unblock a plughole!
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to DPS dispute resolution service
                  by Chester Perry
                  £900 deposit and the Letting Agent requested the whole deposit as the cleaning and redecorating to fix non wear & tear damage was estimated at approx £4000 and also they stole / took 2 x fridge freezers. Independent inventory on moving in and moving out backed all this yet the TDS awarded £700!...
                  18-04-2021, 21:14 PM
                • DPS dispute resolution service
                  by Thomasdiets123
                  What's everyone's experiences with the DPS dispute service. Did you get what you claimed? Did you have good evidence to back it up?
                  Thank you....
                  12-04-2021, 16:37 PM
                • Reply to Rent arrears
                  by Bixwier
                  Have any evictions ever gone ahead since cv19?

how long is the backlog now? Are bailiffs actually working?

what happens if tenants say they have symptoms and are shielding?
                  18-04-2021, 18:09 PM
                • Rent arrears
                  by MP31
                  Hi

So I have a tenant who has build up large rent arrears and I have gone through the process with the solicitor of S8 for rent arrears and I have a court date In April. The tenant left the house last Monday and informed me they had left.
                  To me it seems unlikely I will ever get...
                  21-02-2021, 07:43 AM
                • Reply to Notice Period to Tenants
                  by Bixwier

how long is the backlog now? Are bailiffs actually working?

what happens if tenants say they have symptoms and are shielding?
                  18-04-2021, 18:03 PM
                • Notice Period to Tenants
                  by annam222
                  Hi all,
                  I rent out my flat using an estate agents let & collect service. It is rented out using an assured shorthold tenancy agreement of 12 months (no break clause). The 12 months ends in August this year. I have just been told by the estate agents that "due to Covid the law has changed...
                  01-03-2021, 14:54 PM
                • Reply to County court bailiffs
                  by Bixwier
                  18-04-2021, 18:01 PM
                • County court bailiffs
                  by Perce
                  Hello All

What county court bailiffs do if they come to evict and the tenants say they are not feeling well?...
                  24-02-2021, 13:42 PM
                • Reply to New AST under probate
                  by PGTV
                  I suppose someone has to pay for all this furlough money, so why not tax the dead more.

no wonder everyone is on a scam or fiddle. You can be like my parents - honest all their lives, but are getting hammered in death taxes. And both were failed by the NHS too
                  18-04-2021, 17:27 PM
                • New AST under probate
                  by PGTV
                  Hi. Quick question

property portfolio is under probate.

the land-lady (Mum) used the family office address as the landlord address on the tenancy agreement, rather than her home address. Always did this for 20 odd years.

Under probate, I have to sign a new tenancy...
                  16-04-2021, 14:51 PM
                Working...
                X