Whos responsible for slow draining bathroom sink and black grout? Landlord or Tenant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about external drains ?

Is it the subtenant that has to unblock these or the landlord,.

I ask as others are usually blocked with leaves ( which i always remove, and get my arm down there to get the grit and mushy decomposed leaves removed )
    But there is one that runs from the gutters,( roof ) and it's full of grit, soil and was via picture completely blocked. But the small off shoot which goes up, is clear as far as my middle knuckles will go, so its the pipe running horizontally to the road that is blocked.

You will tell me it needs a back flush pipe thingy, and i agree, but who pays ?

Comment

I use a long wire hook to get hair out of bath or sink drains. Showers often have top serviceable plugholes.
      silicon Seal always goes black so I would call it fair wear and tear. I would not trust a tenant to cut it out and replace it without making a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Codger View Post
        silicon Seal always goes black
        It only goes black if it is left wet; It is not inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Codger View Post
          I use a long wire hook to get hair out of bath or sink drains. Showers often have top serviceable plugholes.
          silicon Seal always goes black so I would call it fair wear and tear. I would not trust a tenant to cut it out and replace it without making a leak.
          Those serviceable plugholes are the most disgusting things ever! Whoever designed them should be made to clean them out. I've removed mine and will put drain cleaner down if it gets blocked. It makes me gag to clean it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post

Those serviceable plugholes are the most disgusting things ever! It makes me gag to clean it out.
            What she said.

Comment

No more disgusting than a regular plughole, it's just that you can see what's in there.

Being a Plumber entails dealing with muck, and worse.
              Think about that next time you get a plumbing bill.

Comment

I long ago learnt to trust in rubber gloves and have unblocked plugholes drains gullys and sewers. Where theres muck theres brass as they say. In the above case i would leave a plunger behind.
                most tenants take the hint if you turn up in a collar and tie to unblock a plughole!
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X