Whos responsible for slow draining bathroom sink and black grout? Landlord or Tenant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about external drains ?

Is it the subtenant that has to unblock these or the landlord,.

I ask as others are usually blocked with leaves ( which i always remove, and get my arm down there to get the grit and mushy decomposed leaves removed )
    But there is one that runs from the gutters,( roof ) and it's full of grit, soil and was via picture completely blocked. But the small off shoot which goes up, is clear as far as my middle knuckles will go, so its the pipe running horizontally to the road that is blocked.

You will tell me it needs a back flush pipe thingy, and i agree, but who pays ?

Comment

I use a long wire hook to get hair out of bath or sink drains. Showers often have top serviceable plugholes.
      silicon Seal always goes black so I would call it fair wear and tear. I would not trust a tenant to cut it out and replace it without making a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Codger View Post
        silicon Seal always goes black
        It only goes black if it is left wet; It is not inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Codger View Post
          I use a long wire hook to get hair out of bath or sink drains. Showers often have top serviceable plugholes.
          silicon Seal always goes black so I would call it fair wear and tear. I would not trust a tenant to cut it out and replace it without making a leak.
          Those serviceable plugholes are the most disgusting things ever! Whoever designed them should be made to clean them out. I've removed mine and will put drain cleaner down if it gets blocked. It makes me gag to clean it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post

Those serviceable plugholes are the most disgusting things ever! It makes me gag to clean it out.
            What she said.

Comment

No more disgusting than a regular plughole, it's just that you can see what's in there.

Being a Plumber entails dealing with muck, and worse.
              Think about that next time you get a plumbing bill.

Comment

I long ago learnt to trust in rubber gloves and have unblocked plugholes drains gullys and sewers. Where theres muck theres brass as they say. In the above case i would leave a plunger behind.
                most tenants take the hint if you turn up in a collar and tie to unblock a plughole!
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Pls help! Run out of options!
                  by Hudson01
                  He sounds a charmer...... before you signed him up a sole tenant did you check him out in the usual way ? Given the distance you are away i would seek out a professional company to do this for you and get the property back, you will be running round in circles.
                  19-04-2021, 18:15 PM
                • Pls help! Run out of options!
                  by simon889
                  Hello all

Firstly let me confirm I have tried to find an answer to my query on the forum already in case it has been discussed before but haven’t found anything with the same problems.

Long story. Tenant moved in with his sister in 2017. She was responsible for paying the...
                  19-04-2021, 17:18 PM
                  by theartfullodger
                  So you issued a new tenancy? (For someone with no history of paying? Why?). Did he sign? Anything else prove (or hopefully disprove) he agreed to it?
                  19-04-2021, 18:11 PM
                • Reply to How best to serve a section 21 (6a) document?
                  by theartfullodger
                  Post, free certificate of postage, from two different post offices

By all means hand deliver also, take pics.

But tenant might (understandably) get p++d off.

What does tenancy say about how notices may be served? Mention email?
                  19-04-2021, 18:09 PM
                • How best to serve a section 21 (6a) document?
                  by Madmax86
                  Hi all

First time serving a section 21 notice.

Been reading online and seems to be mixed responses about the best way to serve it.

I initially thought recorded or special delivery would be the best as it is tracked however if it's not received it can be deemed...
                  19-04-2021, 17:42 PM
                • Reply to Advice on noise (and harassment?)
                  by Neelix
                  Ask your letting agent for a copy. They are duty bound to give you a copy.

FYI Its between 6 and 9 pages of A4...
                  19-04-2021, 18:00 PM
                • Advice on noise (and harassment?)
                  by renter19
                  Hello and apologies, tried to cut this down.

In short- problems with noisy neighbours after being accidently outed by letting agent, neighbours being harass-y and would appreciate perspectives, thoughts and have some questions at the end.

Context -

Have spoken...
                  01-04-2021, 04:16 AM
                  by ash72
                  Was a Gas or EPC given prior to the T moving in? If so the EPC would still be valid, the Gas would be a little harder, the only option is to inform the Agent to serve a notice requiring access (providing 24 hours notice) if this doesn't work the only option is to take the T to court to gain access....
                  19-04-2021, 17:33 PM
                • Reply to Compensation from Tenants
                  by DPT57
                  You have no idea what state the property will be in when they leave and whether you will need a few days to get repairs done. In my view it's unwise to try to go for no time between tenancies, especially if the tenants don't leave when they're supposed to....
                  19-04-2021, 17:08 PM
                • Compensation from Tenants
                  by LL_LonST
                  Greetings
                  I have been a LL for some time. My tenants have been great for the last 3 years, very polite and nice.
                  They are leaving now and I have put my property on the rental market.
                  But they are refusing to allow prospective tenants in-person viewings due to covid fears. The clause...
                  12-04-2021, 14:26 PM
                Working...
                X