Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N5B Form Queries

Evening to you all,

My estate agent served section 21 notice correctly including EPC, How to Rent and etc Unfortunately the tenant is not vacating the flat hence I am applying for the possession of a property by filling N5B form. The property is located in England. https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j...ngland-eng.pdf

Will need help on filling out Question 7 (b) on N5B Form.

7. The following section must be completed in all cases.
    (a) Was a money deposit received in relation to the tenancy or in relation to a tenancy directly or indirectly replaced? Answered Yes

If Yes, complete the following:
    (b) on what date did the fixed term come to an end? DD MM YYYY

What date this question (b) represents?
    For example,
    First tenancy agreement fixed term end date: 20-Jan-2015
    First tenancy agreement end date: 20-Sep-2015
    Current tenancy agreement end date: 20-Sep-2018 (No fixed term on this agreement)
    Ending on or after on Tenancy Deposit Protection Certificate: 20-Sep-2015
    Or any other date.

I would appreciate your valuable input to this question. Thanks for your help

If Yes, complete the following:
    (b) on what date did the fixed term come to an end? DD MM YYYY
    I would be inclined to say the date of the end of the first fixed term.

I am confused by question 10c

(c) if there is no relevant gas appliance in any room occupied by the tenant has the landlord displayed in a prominent position in the premises a copy of the gas safety record with a statement endorsed on it that the tenant is entitled to have their own copy of the gas safety record on request to the landlord at an address specified in the statement?

If there is no relevant gas appliance how can there be a copy of the gas safety record? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable enlighten?
    Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.

Comment

Well spotted SunnyP. I wonder if this refers to an HMO or similar situation where a boiler may be in a room not occupied by the particular tenant but whereby he/she benefits from a radiator on that gas fuelled system.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

I suspect you are right, if there is no gas to the property then 10 a,b,and c don't apply. Was my comment about the fixed term date to the OP above accurate?
        Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X