Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N5B Form Queries

Evening to you all,

My estate agent served section 21 notice correctly including EPC, How to Rent and etc Unfortunately the tenant is not vacating the flat hence I am applying for the possession of a property by filling N5B form. The property is located in England. https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j...ngland-eng.pdf

Will need help on filling out Question 7 (b) on N5B Form.

7. The following section must be completed in all cases.
    (a) Was a money deposit received in relation to the tenancy or in relation to a tenancy directly or indirectly replaced? Answered Yes

If Yes, complete the following:
    (b) on what date did the fixed term come to an end? DD MM YYYY

What date this question (b) represents?
    For example,
    First tenancy agreement fixed term end date: 20-Jan-2015
    First tenancy agreement end date: 20-Sep-2015
    Current tenancy agreement end date: 20-Sep-2018 (No fixed term on this agreement)
    Ending on or after on Tenancy Deposit Protection Certificate: 20-Sep-2015
    Or any other date.

I would appreciate your valuable input to this question. Thanks for your help

If Yes, complete the following:
    (b) on what date did the fixed term come to an end? DD MM YYYY
    I would be inclined to say the date of the end of the first fixed term.

I am confused by question 10c

(c) if there is no relevant gas appliance in any room occupied by the tenant has the landlord displayed in a prominent position in the premises a copy of the gas safety record with a statement endorsed on it that the tenant is entitled to have their own copy of the gas safety record on request to the landlord at an address specified in the statement?

If there is no relevant gas appliance how can there be a copy of the gas safety record? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable enlighten?
    Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.

Comment

Well spotted SunnyP. I wonder if this refers to an HMO or similar situation where a boiler may be in a room not occupied by the particular tenant but whereby he/she benefits from a radiator on that gas fuelled system.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

I suspect you are right, if there is no gas to the property then 10 a,b,and c don't apply. Was my comment about the fixed term date to the OP above accurate?
        Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Tenancy break up
          Captain Birdseye
          Hi hope someone can help with this situation.

Tenants have been with me for over a year and signed joint tenancy. Now on a periodic tenancy the lead tenant has given me 1 months notice to vacate the property due to relationship break down. The other person wishes to stay in the property...
          26-05-2018, 10:49 AM
        • Reply to Tenancy break up
          DPT57
          Just tell them they will all have to leave once she serves notice and explain the consequences if trespass if they dont leave. Once she has served the notice it cant be revoked so its out of your hands anyway
          27-05-2018, 15:03 PM
        • Attic conversion liability issues
          Col13
          Hi, I am new to the letting business, and have just come into possession of a terraced house that I intend to let rather than sell. The attic in the house I am about to let out was converted 35 years ago, without building control or planning. Its fine, but doesnt satisfy modern regs in terms of fire...
          26-05-2018, 10:18 AM
        • Reply to Attic conversion liability issues
          DPT57
          Tenants will be tempted to sublet the attic or AirBnB it. If you have concerns about the attic space then I would say this property is not really suitable for letting
          27-05-2018, 14:59 PM
        • Dispute with landlord over deposit
          MarieMB
          I have recently moved out of a property and requested my deposit back (£2000) from my landlord which has been protected in My Deposits scheme. I paid rent every month on time and gave him the correct amount of notice prior to moving out. I left the flat clean and received an email response from him...
          13-05-2018, 20:47 PM
        • Reply to Dispute with landlord over deposit
          MarieMB
          Hi all,

Thank you for all of your responses. They are very helpful.

Mariner, to answer your questions, it was a joint tenancy, I am listed as the lead tenant and it is my name on the deposit scheme. He took out the insurance option, which means he has spent the money. What...
          27-05-2018, 13:10 PM
        • Gdpr
          serendipity129
          Reading so much conflicting information.....I have 1 property, 1 tenant and I hols and electronic contract and have their email address, should I register and send a privacy notice?
          24-05-2018, 09:43 AM
        • Reply to Gdpr
          JK0
          Thing is, if that were the case, now the law is in place, it is too late to email anyone to ask for consent for future emails. ...
          27-05-2018, 10:58 AM
        • Reply to Gdpr
          Stef Cooke
          Rarely! And the number of large corporations who got it all wrong, some of whom are now trying to say they are sorry, can they take it all back?

I am holding off with the "I told you so's" for the more stridently convinced colleagues who were so rudely certain they had to ask...
          27-05-2018, 10:14 AM
        • moving furniture in before official occupation date.
          ShinyTim
          Thats it really, would you let tenants move their furniture in, before the official date on the t/a
          they have paid the deposit and the 1st months rent, signed the agreement, and have been offered a free van to use on a date a week before I am to give them the keys

have been a landlord...
          23-05-2018, 09:33 AM
        Working...
        X