Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

I seriously need some help. I have a house that the tenant & family have moved out of to become landlords of a pub. They continue to pay rent so will not give me access or keys. I need to sell ASAP but can't get in. I have proof they don't live there. I have now issued a section 8 thinking I could get an accelerated possession order but don't think I can. How can I get possession back quickly.

Quite right they shouldn't give you access or keys, unless the tenancy agreement is terminated and if they are still paying rent then the property is theirs regardless of where they lay their head at night. They could rent 10 properties if they wished and live in America.
    "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

They have broken the tenancy agreement by leaving the property empty for 6/7 months. I offered to sell with them as sitting tenants but they still won't allow me, agent or potential buyers in to view! What am I supposed to do? Keep a house that I financially can't afford?

Comment

They have not "abandoned" the property if they are still paying their rent. Either wait for the s21 to expire and apply to court for possession, or if you can prove that they're no longer occupying the property as their "only or principal home", then serve Notice to Quit and apply to court.
        I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. That seems the most sensible way to go.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X