Tenant breaks window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monsterp View Post
    Any insurance claim will be fruitless, as the repair will be similar to the excess, plus, there's no reason for me to put it through my insurance as it's not my fault.
    That may depend on the terms of your tenancy agreement. If it says that you will purchase insurance to cover such accidents then you may not be able to claim the costs from the tenant

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post

That may depend on the terms of your tenancy agreement. If it says that you will purchase insurance to cover such accidents then you may not be able to claim the costs from the tenant
      But who'd be daft enough to have that in their tenancy agreement? Can you imagine? You put in a deposit claim for all the damage tenant has done, at the end of the tenancy. Tenant says: 'All those gouges in the worktop were accidents. Claim on your insurance.'

Comment

Good points DTP57 and JKO, but fortunately, my contract isn't that daft

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post

But who'd be daft enough to have that in their tenancy agreement? Can you imagine? You put in a deposit claim for all the damage tenant has done, at the end of the tenancy. Tenant says: 'All those gouges in the worktop were accidents. Claim on your insurance.'
          The RLA model agreement exempts the tenant from having to pay for any "damage covered by our insurance policy". I haven't checked the terms of insurance for all my properties in detail as some are block policies included within the service charges but they may well cover some things for which a landlord would normally hold a tenant responsible.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X