Moving back into old rental

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving back into old rental

Is it possible to move back into a old rental property if you had had previously handed in the correct notice?

Two months ago almost, I handed in my notice to my landlord, and signed up for 6 month AST on a new tenancy. As I am not happy there, and as my previous property that i rented is still empty, would a landlord look favourably on me, given that I had a tenancy with him for over a year and a half, and always paid rent on time? One thing to note is that I have still not received my deposit back from my previous property. Is it possible for the landlord to hold onto that, so that I can move back to his old place?

Anything's possible. Did you dispute deposit deductions? That would exclude you in my book.

Comment

JK0, not at all. I was told I would hear from the landlord as soon as inspections were furthered. And we left it at a happy note. I just don't seem to have heard anything.

Comment

Of course you are still liable for the new six month tenancy.

Your old landlord is going to want know what you intend to do about that.

Comment

nukecad, pay for both?

Comment

If ex LL is prepared to offer you a new 6 month AST - then Yes,
            but,I would not.

Comment

Originally posted by travis_bickle76 View Post
              nukecad, pay for both?
              Fine, as long as you can afford that, and a credit check confirms that you can afford it, and the ex-LL isn't worried that you can afford it.
              (There again he might not care as long as he gets his money).

Comment

if the property is still empty most landlords would be keen to let it, so maybe. They would be more likely to say yes if you offered to contract for a longer period. I would be concerned about the length of time for which you are paying double rent. You certainly wouldnt be the preferred tenant if the landlord has a choice.

Comment

as the LL of the second property, if you were going to move out and go back to your old place, I'd want to be paid off for all the rent owing for the fixed term and have you sign a deed of surrender. I wouldn't want you to be renting my place and another at the same time. It would screw with my insurance and the council tax liability at the very least.

Comment

Tatemono, the property I want to move back into is a HMO. The place I currently occupy is a flat to myself, council tax and all. End of the year, I will have three months equivalent of rent left to pay before the tenancy ends. Absolutely hate it here. Any advice on what I can do/say before asking the previous landlord to take me back?
                    ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by travis_bickle76 View Post
                      Any advice on what I can do/say before asking the previous landlord to take me back?
                      ​​​
                      Help, I hate living on my own, I liked living in your HMO, can I come back please?

Comment

as I said, you need to negotiate a deed of surrender with your current landlord. How your LL responds may determine your options...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Part 8 claim
                          haar2
                          Hi,

I have a part 8 claim filed against my landlord. I have been given a hearing date, and asked to to complete a pre-trial checklist, but haven't been told which track I have been allocated.

When you ring the court you can only talk to that central call centre, who said there...
                          18-04-2018, 16:57 PM
                        • Reply to Part 8 claim
                          haar2
                          Yes, everyone signed the claim, and all decisions are made jointly. It is just one has been told my one lawyer everyone has to be there, while I have been told by another that they do not
                          19-04-2018, 13:34 PM
                        • Reply to Part 8 claim
                          KTC
                          I assume all the joint claimants had signed the claim or somehow otherwise indicated they consent to the claim being bought? If so, you ought to be fine not all being there. Obviously better everyone being there if you could though. Unlikely more than one of you will speak.
                          19-04-2018, 13:29 PM
                        • Reply to Part 8 claim
                          haar2
                          I never filed the correspondence, as I thought with part 8 you had to file all the evidence at once, and that the proceedure didn't allow for subsequent evidence.

I am not too worried, but my co-claimants feel differently.

I have heard conflicting things, but does anyone know...
                          19-04-2018, 13:02 PM
                        • Reply to Part 8 claim
                          tenant1001894
                          Eh, to be honest if it isn't already filed I'd only bring it up if directly asked about resolving the situation out of court by the judge.

Bring three copies along with you perhaps, just in case.

It might annoy the judge if you try and shove that in their face if it wasn't...
                          19-04-2018, 12:50 PM
                        • Reply to Part 8 claim
                          haar2
                          How would I go about filing his refusal to pay with the court? Is it submitted as further evidence, or should I just include it in my case bundle?

I made a subsequent exchange without prejudice, but the first offer we made wasn't done as such....
                          19-04-2018, 12:43 PM
                        • Notice to Evict a Limited Company Tenant : Residential House
                          K_Smile
                          Hi,

I would very much appreciate some help.

Need a Notice ( template ) to evict a tenant which is a Limited Company

from a Residential House in England.

No rent has been paid . Two monthly rents in advance missed.

Not an AST
                          19-04-2018, 12:02 PM
                        • Reply to Notice to Evict a Limited Company Tenant : Residential House
                          jpkeates
                          The tenancy agreement should define what notice is required and on what terms.
                          19-04-2018, 12:19 PM
                        • Reply to Part 8 claim
                          KTC
                          Don't be suprised if they don't turn up at all. Equally, don't be suprised if they rock up just before the hearing with a solicitor they only instructed half an hour before....
                          19-04-2018, 12:08 PM
                        • Reply to Part 8 claim
                          tenant1001894
                          I imagine that the landlord is genuinely ignorant, or in complete denial.

I hope that you have filed their refusal to pay the lowest possible penalty as settlement with the court. Obviously, don't bring it up if the exchange was without prejudice.

I imagine the judge will not...
                          19-04-2018, 12:05 PM
                        Working...
                        X