Return of deposit - what's the new process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of deposit - what's the new process?

I have given notice to my landlord to leave the property on 31 March - since the new rules requiring deposits to be registered I have no idea of the process involved in getting your deposit back. Previously landlords have always inspected the property on the day I've left and returned the due deposit back to me - but if the deposit is being held by someone else I assume there will be a delay in receiving it? This could create some real problems for me as I need my current deposit to smoothly move into my next place - can I have some advice on this - how long does it take to get your deposit back? Is there any way of speeding up the process?

Originally posted by wyrdsister View Post
    I have given notice to my landlord to leave the property on 31 March - since the new rules requiring deposits to be registered I have no idea of the process involved in getting your deposit back. Previously landlords have always inspected the property on the day I've left and returned the due deposit back to me - but if the deposit is being held by someone else I assume there will be a delay in receiving it? This could create some real problems for me as I need my current deposit to smoothly move into my next place - can I have some advice on this - how long does it take to get your deposit back? Is there any way of speeding up the process?
    Subject to no deductions or disagreements, you should receive your deposit back within 14 days.

Check the info that was given to you regarding your deposit when you took on the tenancy.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X