anyone got the answer to this one ??

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    anyone got the answer to this one ??

    Have someone who wants to take a room in a property. She is doing voluntary work and the organisation she works for will be paying her rent, deposit etc. She however will have to top up the rent by about £25pcm.
    My question is - do the company and the tenant need a tenancy agreement and should I still reference her ? If so what TA do I use for the company as its not a business tenancy as such ???
    I have spoken to the company and they get her to sign a contract with them stating if she damages the property she is liable.
    Please please any advice gratefully received
    Many thanks

    From L's point of view, better to let to organization. This will be outside the Housing Act 1988. Reserve full rent (inc. the extra £25 which the individual wil be funding).
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).


    Latest Activity