Court's Notice of issue but no Notice of service (s.21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court's Notice of issue but no Notice of service (s.21)

I have issued a section 21 notice to my tenant and then paid the £150 fee to the court to gain posession.
    Shortly afterwards I received a "notice of issue" from the court which stated the claim was issued on 18 Feb. But then it goes on to say "the court has not yet served the claim to the defendant, when it does so it will send you a separate notice of service".

I have not received this notice of service and it has now been 2 weeks, is this normal or should I go back to the courts.
    thanks
    Fred.

Originally posted by frednick View Post
    I have issued a section 21 notice to my tenant and then paid the £150 fee to the court to gain posession.
    Shortly afterwards I received a "notice of issue" from the court which stated the claim was issued on 18 Feb. But then it goes on to say "the court has not yet served the claim to the defendant, when it does so it will send you a separate notice of service".

I have not received this notice of service and it has now been 2 weeks, is this normal or should I go back to the courts.
    The Notice of Issue I received recently said something like 'the court has sent it to the defendant and it would be deemed served on X date'.

Certainly it's worth phoning the court to find out what's happening - why not? They can just tap your claim number into a computer and tell you exactly where it's at. Personally I do it routinely as a matter of course just to check my paperwork hasn't fallen through the cracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
      ... just to check my paperwork hasn't fallen through the cracks.
      More like a chasm round our way
      On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Because of the number of posts I have done, I am now a Senior Member. However, read anything I write with the above in mind.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X