Sub division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub division

Hi there. I own a house which I want to convert into two flats for rental purposes only. I don’t want to alter the deeds for the house however am considering splitting the services. Can I do this without planning, it’s a simple plasterboard wall job as there are already two kitchens and bathrooms..

Of course you will need planning permission: https://www.planningportal.co.uk/inf..._maisonettes/2 You've replaced one C3 property by two C3's and an apartment block.

You will also trigger lots of pending building regulations. For a start, that plasterboard wall needs to be a 60 minute fire resistant one, but I think you will no longer be able to grandfather any other building regulations issues that are no longer legal for new buildings.

Comment

There has to be 2 addresses, Flat one and flat 2, and 2 council tax payments also. Or you will get prosecuted by the council, or told to convert back to one house.
      Also Two gas and electric separate installations and 4 accounts, gas and electric for each flat.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X