Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended residential eviction firms

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend any residential eviction firms . I've seen the landlord action website and Paul seems to really know his stuff. Wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations?

Thanks

Do it yourself using landlordzone instructions and documents. It's easy.

Comment

Originally posted by blinko View Post
      Hi All,
      I've seen the landlord action website .. Wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations?
      No I don't have a recommendation.

Comment

What other documents, pre Oct 16 AST, no deposit taken, are required for:-

1 s21 repo & arrears?

2 s8 g8,10,11?

3 claim against orig, signed G, for T arrears at end of Tenancy? MCol?

4 How long is an LBA valid for?

My thinking is s8, g8 etc, with initial s21 as back up and claim for monies owing from G.

5 Est of cost for each step?

Sorry for hijack, but may help OP (and me).

Comment

Hi Mariner,

1) Do you mean pre-Oct 15 as the requirements changed on this date and not 2016.
          If your tenancy is dated 2016 you will need to ensure that you have provided the tenant with a How to Rent booklet (see government website) EPC certificate and Gas Safety Certificate. These should have been provided at the start of the tenancy but if you serve them now you can still serve a s.21 Notice.

2) s.8 Notice - include a schedule of the arrears.

3) You will need a copy of the guarantee, rental arrears statement and copies of demand letters. MCOL is very useful for unrepresented persons but you will still be expected to serve the supporting documentation on the guarantor at some point.

4) There is technically no time limit for a LBA but it is good practice not to leave the matter running too long. If it have been over 3 months i would send a chaser letter prior to issuing any court proceedings.

5) Court fees for possession are £325/£355 and the MCOL fee is dependent on the amount you are looking to claim. Legal representation fees will vary but I have presumed that you want to deal with the matter without legal representation.

OP I work at Abacus Solicitors and do evictions if you want to check out our website. There's also a note on there of our fees for dealing with the above.

Thanks,

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Electrical Safety Certificate EICR
            by DPT57
            The presence of a plastic consumer unit cover would normally be a c3 hazard, but I understand it could be higher if there are other related risks, such as where there is older wiring or poor bonding. In the end I beleive we will either have to become electrical experts ourselves or find trustworthy...
            03-06-2020, 17:14 PM
          • Electrical Safety Certificate EICR
            by Ozzie11
            Hi

I noticed a new law means landlords need to arrange an EICR for new tenancies after July 2020 or before April 2021.

Please can I get some advice on this? I started a tenancy in May 2020 - this is due to expire in November 2020. However it is likely the tenancy will be renewed...
            01-06-2020, 10:42 AM
          • Reply to Can I Stay in the Property to Make Repairs?
            by jpkeates
            The guidance says that preparing a property for rent or sale is work that is allowed to be done in this phase of the lockdown.
            And staying in another property for work is allowed.

So travelling somewhere to work and staying there overnight is fine.
            03-06-2020, 17:04 PM
          • Can I Stay in the Property to Make Repairs?
            by DJVera
            Hi all - I'm new to this so apologies if this (or similar) has been dealt with somewhere else!
            I own a property in the south west but currently live in London. I've been renting the property out privately. My last tenant moved out in January 2020 and I was planning to get quite a bit of (much needed)
            01-06-2020, 13:38 PM
          • Reply to Can I Stay in the Property to Make Repairs?
            by DPT57
            Yes, I agree about the acting reasonably and interestingly the legislation seems to allow for this too through the use of the word "include"

For the purposes of paragraph (1), the circumstances in which a person (“P”) has a reasonable excuse include cases where....
            03-06-2020, 17:00 PM
          • Reply to My tenant lied to me
            by Uklondoner
            The rent has to be two months or more in arrears? My case the tenant owe me less than two months can still do the form?...
            03-06-2020, 16:50 PM
          • My tenant lied to me
            by Uklondoner
            My tenant lied to me saying he missed the first universal credit payment. But actually according to one of my friend the payment normally only take two weeks to come directly to the bank account. What can I do? Can I find a way to let the universal credit directly make overdue rent payment? I really...
            03-06-2020, 09:54 AM
          • Reply to My tenant lied to me
            by theartfullodger
            As a stupid landlord I take grave exception to your slur, Sir!

Next week, amazing, unexpected, revelations that from time2time landlords lie to tenants.............. and agents from time2time lie to landlords AND tenants... and MPs & a particular special adviser seem to lie to most...
            03-06-2020, 16:22 PM
          • Reply to Access to sheds
            by DPT57
            Possibly, although I was basing my comment on this phrase in the original post:...
            03-06-2020, 16:21 PM
          • Access to sheds
            by endymion
            Hi. We have been renting a flat for the past decade under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. The flat is one of five in a single block. The back garden contains a large outbuilding comprising ten sheds. Implicitly, then, two sheds per flat. The inventory does contain the wording 'Garages, Sheds, Outbuildings:'...
            03-06-2020, 10:09 AM
          Working...
          X