X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTC
    replied
    Originally posted by mariner View Post
    You established a verbal Contract with LL when you agreed to move in to the flat. LL may assume this was still a 'monthly Periodic' basis. If you're in contact, ask him. IMO he deserves some Notice. He did allow you an extra 2 weeks to cover your hols. & you may need a ref from him in the future.
    Very generous considering the guy was supposed to be moving into the LL's new flat, and the LL had (assuming AST) not served proper s21 or gone to court for possession for the old one....

But yes OP, you have a tenancy agreement, just not on paper.

Leave a comment:

• tatemono
    replied
    Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
    If you don't have a contract, you are probably squatting illegally! You probably have a verbal contract.
    How can you be squatting if you have the LL's permission to be there, verbal or otherwise?

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    You established a verbal Contract with LL when you agreed to move in to the flat. LL may assume this was still a 'monthly Periodic' basis. If you're in contact, ask him. IMO he deserves some Notice. He did allow you an extra 2 weeks to cover your hols. & you may need a ref from him in the future.

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    I dont know what type of agreement you had but the chances are that your landlord illegally evicted you from the first flat. It sounds like he doesnt have much of a clue. You can check whether our deposit is/was protected here: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...tCw9MWT6M5mgHA

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    If you don't have a contract, you are probably squatting illegally! You probably have a verbal contract.

There are three schemes, but failing to tell you which scheme makes the landlord vulnerable to your suing for up to three times the deposit.

Leave a comment:

• Do I need to give notice if I have no tenancy agreement

I rented a Studio flat this year and had a rolling monthly tenancy agreement. 3 months in, the landlord gave everyone the building one months notice as he had been granted planning permission to redevelop the building earlier than he planned.

The landlord had wanted me to move into a new flat he was buying but a week before this was supposed to happen (and a the end of the notice period he had given) he said that the new flat had fallen through and I would to move out but gave me 2 weeks extra time as I was going on holiday for a week.

While I was on holiday the landlord told me that he had another flat to move into which is where I am now. He was supposed to give me a new contract but never did. He also said at the beginning of the first tenancy that my deposit was lodged with a deposit protection scheme though he never gave me any paperwork to prove this.

I have 2 questions:

1: Do I have to give any notice before moving out as I don't have a contract to live here (the orginial tenancy agreement was ended by the landlord).

2: How can I find out if the deposit was lodged with a protection scheme and is there more than one scheme?

Thanks for any help.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X