Tenant not paid new increased rent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to send him a section 13 notice to increase the rent and, yes you need to give him the correct notice again, however you could increase the rent a bit more from what was previously written to make up for the loss.

Comment

thanks, think I will, as it will be two months after we intended

Comment

FTT does not have to approve full/any increase if T refers s13 to them.
        Whatever amount is awarded is fixed for 12 months.

Comment

If I were your tenant and you serve a s13 notice specifying an amount that's higher than you had stated only couple of months ago, it's definitely being referred to tribunal.
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

Comment

LL can propose any rent on s13. It is for T/ FTT to decide if increase is reasonable.
            1% or 10% pa?

Comment

Originally posted by KTC View Post
              If I were your tenant and you serve a s13 notice specifying an amount that's higher than you had stated only couple of months ago, it's definitely being referred to tribunal.
              The original amount in the letter was not legally binding hence the need for a section 13 notice which is legal. The LL can put whatever he likes down on the section 13, if it is below or equal to market rent then a tribunal wont change that.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X