Unclear tenancy agreement regarding periodic tenancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a follow up. LL moaning because we haven't signed the new inventory (she has replaced the carpet in one of the rooms due to the previous tenants not reporting a moth infestation and the carpet getting damaged) We aren't renewing the AST and will be leaving next month so will sign one when we check out. So I don't see the point?

Would I be wrong not to sign it? I don't see the point. Can she demand it?

Comment

She can demand it, but there is nothing (realistic) that anyone can do to make you.

On the other hand, it's not really an issue to sign it is it?
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

No issue in signing it. It is just that I am abroad so can't sign it yet and she had a dramatic reaction to this.

Offered to sign and send it when I return home.

Her reaction just surprised me so was worried had missed something of legal importance.

Comment

What does she expect you to do, buy a very long pen?
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X