Garden maintenance - who pays for removal of green waste?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden maintenance - who pays for removal of green waste?

I am a landlord but currently find myself in the position of renting. I am responsible for maintaining the garden which I am happy to do but there are a lot of grass clipping from mowing the lawn.

I have asked the landlord to pay for a green waste bin and he has refused. It is only £40 a year.

If not specified, does paying for disposal of green waster from garden maintenance fall to the tenant?

He has also asked that I do more the trim shrubs which will result in more trimmings. He suggested that I drive it down to the council tip. Does this seem reasonable? There are about 6 shrubs around the garden which are all person height and spreading into the garden so lot of work.

Any opinions? As I landlord myself, I would pay for this myself in the same situation.

Depends if your tenancy agreement was to do the gardening, doesn't it?

I do employ gardeners personally, as tenants are lazy about gardening. (They don't cut the grass often enough that the clippings can be a mulch. )

Comment

Personal if I was gardening and as a tenant myself, I would just pay the 40 quid.

What 40 pound over 52 weeks work out at

Not worth the Hassle.
      Thunderbirds are go

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
        Depends if your tenancy agreement was to do the gardening, doesn't it?

I do employ gardeners personally, as tenants are lazy about gardening. (They don't cut the grass often enough that the clippings can be a mulch. )
        The agreement does include gardening. My question is about whether responsibility for gardening includes the labour only or also the costs of disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by aboylikedave View Post

The agreement does include gardening. My question is about whether responsibility for gardening includes the labour only or also the costs of disposal.
          Do you expect landlord to pay for your water rates, council tax, electricity, gas, food, drink, petrol, fags...?

I think you see where I'm going here.

Comment

If AST requires you (T) to maintain the garden, then you are resp for disp of garden waste. How does £40 pa equate to cost of a trip to the tip?
            I find my green waste bin invaluable over spring, summer & esp autumn.
            Garden composters are similar in price.

Comment

Just compost it!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X