The Rental Exchange - Should we as LL insist on this ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rental Exchange - Should we as LL insist on this ?

Wish to discuss this on here.

Essentially a service by Experian

http://www.experian.co.uk/rental-exchange/tenants.html

Rental payments shows up on a Credit Report. Sounds ideal - those who pay their rent on time, will show up on their credit report which to me sounds perfect in the referencing check. Will help distinguish those who pay their rent on time v those who are persistently late.

I have only just come across this, but don't know anyone that appears to use the service (It is free).

Should we as LL insist on using this and thus at least we can have a genuine record of a tenant rental payment? (Rather than consider whether the previous LL reference are genuine!)

The other question would be what if the Tenant refuses to use such a service (any clauses we can incorporate into the contract?)

Feel free to discuss!

Would landlords have access to a tenants previous payment history or would it just show up as an enhanced credit rating?

Comment

It's not available to most landlords - so it's a non starter.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X