complicated 2 months rent arrears, abusive and lying tenants with previous eviction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullhouse50 View Post
    Possible hence why need to be prepared for any surprises. Wait for the term to expire and evict under S21 via accelerated procedure (maybe 4-6 weeks at best) v starting now via S8. I would say get the ball rolling ASAP.
    sorry but you would mind explaining this a bit more please. I still have 3 more months before I can serve s21 with a 2 month notice.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
      So OP abrogated nec checks to MA, an 'employee'.
      How was MA selected?
      There may be a problem with LL Notices if the LL was/is a Co.
      No harassment etc can occur if the rel part can be viewed from public land by LL.
      hi Mariner, please can you elaborate this a bit further around the company angle and the viewable bit related to harrassment

Comment

Original Poster = in this case, you.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by vishalbjain View Post

sorry but you would mind explaining this a bit more please. I still have 3 more months before I can serve s21 with a 2 month notice.
          No. You can serve it now with 5 months notice.

o/p=original poster=you

Comment

AFAIK if the named LL is a Co. it cannot be an AST but a commercial Tenancy when AST rules do not apply.
            Anyone can view a property from a Right of Way without fear of trespass,
            A complaint of stalking/harassment could be made. Only a Judge can eventually decide.

Comment

Can you clarify something please.

are they a FULL two months in arrears? Or have they skipped one month and have made a part payment for one? That is how I read your post. If that is the case they are not two months in arrears.

the tenant needs to be two months in monetary terms. So if they were to pay half rent for four months they would be in Two months arrears after that time.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
                AFAIK if the named LL is a Co. it cannot be an AST but a commercial Tenancy when AST rules do not apply
                If the landord is a company, the lease can be an AST.
                If the tenant is a company it's not possible.
                When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Confusing my Ls & Ts.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                    If the landord is a company, the lease can be an AST.
                    If the tenant is a company it's not possible.
                    yes, i thought so as well based on whatever i read so far

Comment

cassa,

well, the tenant paid half of the rent last month and no rent this month at all so as per my calculation (diving monthly rent by 31 days) they should be in 2 months rent arrears

Comment

mariner,

got it. thats very fair and I hope the judges should be able to make a fair decision

Comment

I believe the criterion is 'two months unpaid' isn't it? Therefore you need to wait for the next rent day. No reason not to issue the S21 now though.

Comment

Why are you not using your agent too issue S8 and S21? I don't understand why you are paying management fees and then doing the leg work.

Why, oh why did you let them know you lived next door? Even a S21 may be defended against/time barred, if they have put in a grievance in before.

They have clearly put these grievances in to defend against a S8 and S21.They know what they are doing, at least you have insurance which should mitigate against this.

Why has none of this been picked up on reference checks?

Comment

Frankly, I'm wondering if o/p's agent did any referencing at all, and in view of his reluctance to claim, whether his homelet insurance is actually real.

Comment

Just as an update on this matter
                                1. My letting agent put in a claim with homelet and it was successful although it took about a month for Homelet to accept the claim.
                                2. I visited the council office and spoke to the Housing benefit officer as well as the Councillor as I suspected that the tenant was drawing housing benefit. The officer promised to take action if the tenant had a claim and suspend the tenant's future payouts. The process here is that they will write to the tenant to prove that they have been paying rent and if the tenant is unsucessful than they will contact the landlord to pay the housing benefit directly
                                3. The day my homelet claim was approved, the tenant cleared all his previous month's rent arrears in full although he still hasn't paid this month's rent

I don't know which one of the things worked but looks like something forced him to make the rent payment. I have also written to DWP as I suspect that the tenant is doing some benefit fraud big time.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X