Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWMLandlord
    replied
    We haven't served any notices on the tenant yet. All we have done is request for proof that she is the sole tenant via the letting agent.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    It's not former family home, it's an investment property.

What notices have you served on Tenant?

Leave a comment:

• TWMLandlord
    replied
    Thank you for your reply JK0.

I was particularly annoyed that the tenant said that she didn't have any pets when she was provided with the opportunity to discuss her situation prior to signing the tenancy agreement. If she had declared a small dog I would have been content provided that the appropriate deposit was secured. My biggest issue is the lie that has been told followed by several dubious excuses.

I don't know whether the tenant is claiming benefits or not. I also have no definite proof that the man lives there (apart from the neighbours observations). The documents the tenant has provided indicates that he is on a tenancy agreement elsewhere but I don't know whether the information provided is sufficient or legitimate. For all I know he may have written the tenancy agreement himself from a template on the internet.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Well I certainly wouldn't be giving them a new agreement.

I think you made your own bed when you advertised 'pets considered'. Obviously in this tenant's mind, that is the green light.

Up to you whether to evict or not. I suspect the place will smell 'doggy' though, so may need new carpets for next tenant.

BTW, I take it this is a benefit tenant, hence not wanting to admit man there? If you give a new tenancy knowing what you know, are you not a party to benefit fraud?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X