Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for planning permission for an auction property

Hi All,

I have myself an auction property, completion deadline is set for 3 months. I am thinking of applying for planning permission which can take up to 8 weeks to get an outcome, so that once completion is done, work can begin straight away in order to achieve maximum efficiency.

The sale is a probate type, and its being sold by the administrators of the estate. Are there any gotchas that I need to be aware of, and should the notice of my intention be sent to the managing/selling agent or perhaps sent to my solicitor for them to inform the sellers solicitors, I don't know if this is something my solicitor will want to charge extra for as this is not part of the standard conveyancing process but I see it as a one page letter that I can do myself.

Thanks in advance

Anyone can apply for planning permission regardless of whether they own the land or not.

Theres a space in the form to note down the owners of the land.

Common sense would be to make them aware of your application

Comment

If you don't own the 'property' you need to serve Notice on the owner and declare that you have done so on the [Planning] application form.
      There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

I would like to add that at 8 weeks quite often a deferred notice is sent delaying the actual outcome even further. Apart from a contentious application this could also be due to staff shortages and pressure of work.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

I have myself an auction property, completion deadline is set for 3 months.
          If you are thinking on bidding on an auction property, because that quote is unclear to me as to what is actually happening, then making a planning application may not be a sensible thing to do unless you have definitely signed a legal agreement to become the owner.

If that quote means that you have exchanged contracts on the sale, with completion agreed in 3 months time, then on the application form when applying to the local planing authority you will need to complete section B which relates to ownership of the property by someone other than the applicant.

There is a specific form of words to be used when sending the appropriate notice to the land-owner under section 13 of the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015.
          Notice of applications for planning permission

13.—(1) Except where paragraph (2) applies, an applicant for planning permission must give requisite notice of the application to any person (other than the applicant) who on the prescribed date is an owner of the land to which the application relates, or a tenant—

(a)by serving the notice on every such person whose name and address is known to the applicant
          This is the web-site where a pdf file of the Notice can be found that needs to be posted to the current owner once the details are added.
          https://ecab.planningportal.co.uk/up...es/notice1.pdf

You do not need to employ a solicitor to complete and send such a notice.
          It needs to be addressed to the administrator of the estate as he/she acts for the deceased owner.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Change of Use Permitted Development - Class M
            jaymondo
            Under Part 3 of the GPDO - Change of Use

Class M allows for

(a) a change of use of a building from—

iii) a mixed use combining use as a dwellinghouse with—

(aa) a use as a betting office or pay day loan shop, or

(bb) a use falling...
            21-07-2017, 16:57 PM
          • Reply to Change of Use Permitted Development - Class M
            pilman
            Since this Class of development requires prior approval it seems logical to seek approval for what you are proposing.
            The LPA will either accept that this falls within Class M or not.
            21-07-2017, 19:33 PM
          • Is party all notice still valid? What to do next?
            Myohmy
            Hi All,

I have a question. I think I have some sneaky neighbours and would like to hear from you on experience and knowledge if you can.

Neighbours at back started works to an extension (the properties are grade 2 listed). I went and spoke to them as it is not clear where...
            18-07-2017, 06:54 AM
          • Reply to Is party all notice still valid? What to do next?
            Myohmy
            Thank you Al,

I contacted the recommended surveyor, but he is too far away. Thanks though. I've appointed another, I'm worried about the costs as he said it can cost in the region of £1000-2000. I have to appoint my own as their's has done a runner and the neighbours haven't identified...
            19-07-2017, 22:12 PM
            flyingfreehold
            bizarrely if properly appointed a party wall surveyor cant just walk away. He is stuck with the job once appointed. I have no connection with him but I would suggest you got help from someone who knows the law backwards. The best party wall surveyor I know is Harold Coyne FRICS of Coyne and Co who goes...
            19-07-2017, 03:17 AM
            nukecad
            Your initial problem seems to be that neither of you knows where the boundry actually is.

Without knowing that then you can't know if the wall is on the boundry, on their land, or on your land.
            (The same goes for any foundations).

Also the surveyor in any disputed PW...
            18-07-2017, 14:43 PM
            MrShed
            I'm not an expert in this area, but, I read the situation very differently to you. I feel they have chanced their arm and are now playing the "lawyer" card to try and bluff you into backing off. I dont think they know anything you dont, in fact I suspect they know very little about the law...
            18-07-2017, 07:17 AM
          • New Driveway - rights of access by neighbours
            MisterB
            a couple of years ago my daughter bought a small end of terraced house. within the legal pack it mentioned that the adjoin terraced houses had 'access' down the side of her house and across the back - which isnt unusual and isn't a problem. there was no vehicular access as the side of the house was...
            08-07-2017, 08:02 AM
          • Reply to New Driveway - rights of access by neighbours
            MisterB
            that's the situation perfectly explained in a much better way than I obviously did originally, there is a small private courtyard to the rear of the properties, but as you say, there is no 'privacy' of a garden, though it is privately owned!

on street parking is a nightmare so it has certainly...
            15-07-2017, 07:43 AM
          • Reply to New Driveway - rights of access by neighbours
            buzzard1994
            the way I read this is that this end of terrace house has a patch of land at the side and then another house, probably the end of a different terrace. Those two houses have amically agreed to use this land, which is half owned by one and half by the other, as a drive.

There is a separate...
            13-07-2017, 20:49 PM
          Working...
          X