Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2m wall up, what about digging down?

Hello,
    If I was to build a 2m high wall, I would not need planning permission.
    What if I extended the interior wall face, not by building higher, but by digging down, lowering the floor? Externally, it would be a 2m wall. Internally, it would be, say, 3m.

What is your question?
    There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

Read my post and you'll see it.

Comment

Well, I can see a question mark but not a question. What are your concerns? What is it in relation to - Planning, Building Regs, Party Wall matters??????

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Comment

My question is about planning permission.

Comment

I think you would still need planning permission. You would definitely have to have building control sign-off.

Comment

If you're looking to extend a property using Permitted Development Rights to create a single storey (i.e. only one floor level / rooms created on the same floor) extension then lowering the internal floor level would not be an issue to require Planning Consent.

Building below ground comes with other issues not dealt with under Planning Law.

Comment

What if what? It all depends ...

What sort of wall - a boundary wall round the garden? a 2m high brick outhouse? an extension attached to an existing building?

Would this be a retaining wall on a steep slope?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X