Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlaken
    replied
    Look at it this way. If you put a mobile home on the site there is always the chance that the council will start enforcement action of some sort or maybe just make you apply for retrospective consent. That may be stressful to you. On the other hand you could apply for consent expecting to get it and be happy having spent money.

Leave a comment:

• Always Problems
    replied
    Yes it is the Green Belt, although when I took the business over (1983) the land was not Green Belt, (i checked) it was put in the Green Belt 3 years later. (the Caravan was already there)
    My land is at the edge of the Green Belt, You can stand with one foot in the Green Belt and one foot in the housing belt.

Services are already there. This is a very developed site. It has a HGV Operating Centre for 50 years (Agricultural Merchant) (Retail Warehouse 5000 sq ft) (Equestrian Center)
    Along this city green belt edge there are a few Equestrian Businesses, mine is the only one without a Mobile Home, although I do have my Portacabin.

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    Is this in the greenbelt? If so expect a long protracted exchange if you live anywhere near me!

Yes you would need planning consent IMO but go and see your lovely local planners and get an idea of the way forwards before you spend money.

Are you going to put services like electric, water and mains drains in ?

Leave a comment:

• Always Problems
    started a topic Application for Mobile Home

Application for Mobile Home

I have an Equestrian Business where I look after customers horses (between 25 & 32) For the last 15 years there has been a portacabin placed on the land which was converted for occasional overnight stays.
    I want to change it for a Mobile Home. Presumably the moment I move the portacabin and replace it with a Mobile Home the Council will get want to get involved.
    I can take photographs of it and probably prove that it has been there for over 18 years.
    In fact there was a Caravan in the same place since 1971, I bought it from a departing tenant in 1983, (photograph available)
    I used the caravan until 1997 when I replaced it with the portacabin which has been there ever since.
    Presumably I need to make a Planning Application before I do anything.
    Any advice gratefully received.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X