Application for Mobile Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application for Mobile Home

I have an Equestrian Business where I look after customers horses (between 25 & 32) For the last 15 years there has been a portacabin placed on the land which was converted for occasional overnight stays.
    I want to change it for a Mobile Home. Presumably the moment I move the portacabin and replace it with a Mobile Home the Council will get want to get involved.
    I can take photographs of it and probably prove that it has been there for over 18 years.
    In fact there was a Caravan in the same place since 1971, I bought it from a departing tenant in 1983, (photograph available)
    I used the caravan until 1997 when I replaced it with the portacabin which has been there ever since.
    Presumably I need to make a Planning Application before I do anything.
    Any advice gratefully received.

Is this in the greenbelt? If so expect a long protracted exchange if you live anywhere near me!

Yes you would need planning consent IMO but go and see your lovely local planners and get an idea of the way forwards before you spend money.

Are you going to put services like electric, water and mains drains in ?

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Yes it is the Green Belt, although when I took the business over (1983) the land was not Green Belt, (i checked) it was put in the Green Belt 3 years later. (the Caravan was already there)
      My land is at the edge of the Green Belt, You can stand with one foot in the Green Belt and one foot in the housing belt.

Services are already there. This is a very developed site. It has a HGV Operating Centre for 50 years (Agricultural Merchant) (Retail Warehouse 5000 sq ft) (Equestrian Center)
      Along this city green belt edge there are a few Equestrian Businesses, mine is the only one without a Mobile Home, although I do have my Portacabin.

Comment

Look at it this way. If you put a mobile home on the site there is always the chance that the council will start enforcement action of some sort or maybe just make you apply for retrospective consent. That may be stressful to you. On the other hand you could apply for consent expecting to get it and be happy having spent money.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Development permission over shared access
          by Davidwd
          I have an unusual situation, I live in a property in a private cut de sac of 5 properties. Property No.1 owns the substrate of the driveway and the other 4 properties own the surface and have right of way over the driveway. Property No.1 wants to build another house on their land and use the driveway...
          29-03-2020, 16:56 PM
        • Reply to Development permission over shared access
          by royw
          If they have right of access over the road then yes they can, a house built in the garden also has that right.
          29-03-2020, 21:35 PM
        • Reply to Development permission over shared access
          by pilman
          Depends if the property at No.1 has a right of way granted over the private road.

It would imply that No.1 owned the road but transferred the surface to the other four owners who have responsibility for the maintenance of the surface.

Any decent solicitor would have included...
          29-03-2020, 17:41 PM
        • Chimney pot gas compliance
          by Perfectgame
          Out home is a Leasehold ‘house’ jutting out from a refurbished Grade2* building comprising 55 apartments. Ours is the only one with gas supply to the C19th chimney. We had a gas fire recently installed, but the chimney pot did not comply with the gas fire. According to the freeholder the existing...
          23-03-2020, 15:11 PM
        • Reply to Chimney pot gas compliance
          by AndrewDod
          Is this the first gas fire in this spot -- why does it have a gas supply?
          If you plan to make some amendment to your flat why do you feel other lessees should pay the cost?

In this whole thread I think we need to be careful of words -- "responsibility" versus "rights"...
          23-03-2020, 17:49 PM
          by JK0
          I wouldn't argue IIWY. Plenty of freeholders not only charge lessees for doing the job, but bung on hundreds in fees also. Sounds like you have consent to do it yourself, doesn't it?
          23-03-2020, 15:48 PM
          by Interlaken
          What does it say in your lease about walls, roofs and structures outside the confines of your 'house' - that is where the answer lies. Ask the Freeholder to explain why he thinks it is not his responsibility. Usually it is the freeholder's responsibility.
          23-03-2020, 15:31 PM
        • Reply to Question on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
          by Interlaken
          CIL payments depend on which local authority you are in. In my area of work and having a Neighbourhood Plan in place 25% of CIL did go to the plan area for use in the community but suddenly our new Unitary Authority banned this so CIL goes into one big pot to be bid for. This does not please me and...
          23-03-2020, 09:34 AM
        • Question on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
          by Clulass
          I realise its not the best time to consider a development project given that the world is about to shut down and maybe end, but it helps distract me, from our impending doom.

So to my question:

Am I right in thinking that there is no CIL payable.....IF.... you are converting...
          14-03-2020, 21:29 PM
        • Reply to 1 bed to 2 bed conversion
          by leaseholder64
          I think there may already have been an unsafe modification, in that the kitchen door seems to have been removed. I'd expect that to be a fire door.

If this is on the 27th floor, I'd say you were definitely creating an unsafe inner room, as the escape root passes through two high risk ...
          18-03-2020, 10:13 AM
        Working...
        X