X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doobrey
    replied
    Originally posted by _adam_ View Post
    Since technically, we can't ask people to move, I want to put ballads or some sort of notice which will stop that happening.
    That could certainly work. I think the trick is to choose your ballads carefully. Might I suggest Phil Collins... or maybe Westlife? These should repel unwanted visitors from the vicinity pretty quickly.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Adam: You say you don't know who owns the road: Tried the "map" option with land registry?? I used it to find who owned some farm land near by sister-in-law: (Answer = not what she had been told by estate agent!). You should be able to see if the road is on Land reg.. but not all property is.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    Adam - when your property was developed I am guessing that parking (no doubt inadequate) was included. Go and look at the plans if you can at the council offices and ask them want current policy is on private parking for such developments.

A standard bay is 2.4m x 4.8m and when I used to draw up these things many moons ago a space to a wall for door opening was 1m. Yes parking is allowed under windows (usually head on) - don't take the ground floor flat unless it is your own car under the window.

Leave a comment:

• andybenw
    replied
    Do the cars cross an 'undropped kerb' to reach this area?

It appears your main issue is finding out who owns the land. Maybe try the conveyancing forum in sddition to this one for some answers.

Edit.. Notice now you have already done this.

Leave a comment:

• _adam_
    replied
    Thanks for your answers. The parking happens on an unregistered land that follows the end of terrace houses. There is a tarmac on it but it doesn't belong to Highways, and it doesn't lead to anywhere. It is quite wide, hence attracts lots of random parking. The problem is, I live in the end of terrace house, and this parking is disturbing as parkers, don't mind to leave their vans over the weekend right in front of our windows, leaving no, or minimum space for privacy or sunlight for that matter. Since technically, we can't ask people to move, I want to put ballads or some sort of notice which will stop that happening. The only problem is, local planning authorities want to know who the land belongs to, to consider the planning permission.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    Some might consider leaving cards available from "youparklikea....." (NSFW)

(The website is IMHO most amusing...)
    Ditto. Anyone see my submission recently?

http://youparklikeacunt.com/post/107...ces-in-reading

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    http://pedestrianliberation.org/the-law-2/
    - may be helpful.

Some might consider leaving cards available from "youparklikea....." (NSFW)

(The website is IMHO most amusing...)

Leave a comment:

• Tipper
    replied
    Sounds like too many cars are trying to park on site, is this what's happening? If so who manages/polices the parking?

Maybe you need to get some concrete bollards organised to stop he pavement parkers?

Leave a comment:

• andybenw
    replied
    No minimum as far as I am aware. But depending on your situation, there may be other factors in play. You need a bit more explanation as to the current situation and your wishes.

Leave a comment:

• _adam_
    started a topic Parking

Parking

Good evening All. Does anyone know what is the minimum legal distance, between a parked car and a residential property wall? Are cars allowed to park on a private pavement, right in front of residential property windows?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X