X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doobrey
    replied
    Originally posted by _adam_ View Post
    Since technically, we can't ask people to move, I want to put ballads or some sort of notice which will stop that happening.
    That could certainly work. I think the trick is to choose your ballads carefully. Might I suggest Phil Collins... or maybe Westlife? These should repel unwanted visitors from the vicinity pretty quickly.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Adam: You say you don't know who owns the road: Tried the "map" option with land registry?? I used it to find who owned some farm land near by sister-in-law: (Answer = not what she had been told by estate agent!). You should be able to see if the road is on Land reg.. but not all property is.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    Adam - when your property was developed I am guessing that parking (no doubt inadequate) was included. Go and look at the plans if you can at the council offices and ask them want current policy is on private parking for such developments.

A standard bay is 2.4m x 4.8m and when I used to draw up these things many moons ago a space to a wall for door opening was 1m. Yes parking is allowed under windows (usually head on) - don't take the ground floor flat unless it is your own car under the window.

Leave a comment:

• andybenw
    replied
    Do the cars cross an 'undropped kerb' to reach this area?

It appears your main issue is finding out who owns the land. Maybe try the conveyancing forum in sddition to this one for some answers.

Edit.. Notice now you have already done this.

Leave a comment:

• _adam_
    replied
    Thanks for your answers. The parking happens on an unregistered land that follows the end of terrace houses. There is a tarmac on it but it doesn't belong to Highways, and it doesn't lead to anywhere. It is quite wide, hence attracts lots of random parking. The problem is, I live in the end of terrace house, and this parking is disturbing as parkers, don't mind to leave their vans over the weekend right in front of our windows, leaving no, or minimum space for privacy or sunlight for that matter. Since technically, we can't ask people to move, I want to put ballads or some sort of notice which will stop that happening. The only problem is, local planning authorities want to know who the land belongs to, to consider the planning permission.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    Some might consider leaving cards available from "youparklikea....." (NSFW)

(The website is IMHO most amusing...)
    Ditto. Anyone see my submission recently?

http://youparklikeacunt.com/post/107...ces-in-reading

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    http://pedestrianliberation.org/the-law-2/
    - may be helpful.

Some might consider leaving cards available from "youparklikea....." (NSFW)

(The website is IMHO most amusing...)

Leave a comment:

• Tipper
    replied
    Sounds like too many cars are trying to park on site, is this what's happening? If so who manages/polices the parking?

Maybe you need to get some concrete bollards organised to stop he pavement parkers?

Leave a comment:

• andybenw
    replied
    No minimum as far as I am aware. But depending on your situation, there may be other factors in play. You need a bit more explanation as to the current situation and your wishes.

Leave a comment:

• _adam_
    started a topic Parking

Parking

Good evening All. Does anyone know what is the minimum legal distance, between a parked car and a residential property wall? Are cars allowed to park on a private pavement, right in front of residential property windows?

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Planning permission
    by pilman
    The plans provided with the planning application will show the position and size of the house granted planning permission, as well as showing the extent of the land identified on the site plan.

The planning permission would have taken into account the area available for garden, and parking...
    08-07-2020, 12:27 PM
  • Planning permission
    by dizzymill
    I am wondering if anyone can answer my question please?

There is a plot for sale in my area that has planning permission granted on it. The thing is, this was granted when the site was larger than it now is as the vendor has fenced a section of it off and built himself a log cabin style...
    07-07-2020, 18:58 PM
    by dizzymill
    Hi Tipper. It was granted for one dwelling but vendor has since built the cabin and fenced off the plot he is selling saying it has planning. But the planning was granted for the original whole site before he built his cabin that he lives in .
    08-07-2020, 10:01 AM
    by Tipper
    It probably depends on what the permission was for and how many dwellings, etc.
    Also when pp was achieved as they run out after 3 years in most if not all cases.

You can check on the local planning online to see the details, drawings, dates, etc.
    08-07-2020, 09:35 AM
  • Reply to Building Regulations Certificate
    by Tipper
    No not too late. We had the same situation for our three holiday lets.

We pressed the installer to register the new boilers with Gas Safe who in turn send certification to the local Building Regs which is what they are supposed to do upon installation, assuming they are qualified and 'Gas...
    06-07-2020, 18:35 PM
  • Building Regulations Certificate
    by kennyj52
    Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but what are the circumstances to obtain a Buildings Regulations Certificate? For example building a house, an extension, fitting a new boiler, installing a new light fitting, replacing a light bulb etc?
    I currently rent out 2 properties and own
    01-05-2020, 12:27 PM
  • Reply to Building Regulations Certificate
    by kennyj52
    Thanks for the advice all. I've had 2 boilers replaced by different installers over the last 6 years, but not received a Building Regulations Certificate from either one. I didn't ask the installers about it at the time as I was unaware of the need. Although they did provide Gas Safe Reports as requested,...
    05-07-2020, 12:27 PM
  • Licence To Alter, Supplemental Lease and Deed of Variation Costs
    by nushandphil
    Hi There,

I live in a share of freehold ground floor flat (1 of 4 flats, 2 ground floor, 2 first) within a converted Victorian house and am looking to do a 3.5m extension into the garden. The garden is shared between the 2 ground floor flats and split down the middle by a fence. Each ground...
    03-07-2020, 10:34 AM
  • Reply to Licence To Alter, Supplemental Lease and Deed of Variation Costs
    by Lawcruncher
    This transaction only needs one document, a lease. A skeleton of the clauses needed:

·A demise of the additional land
    ·A statement that the terms of the lease are (mutatis mutandis) the same as the OP's lease except as expressly provided in the next clause
    ·Set out...
    04-07-2020, 20:08 PM
  • Reply to Licence To Alter, Supplemental Lease and Deed of Variation Costs
    by nushandphil
    Thank you for all your responses, good to know this is on the high side and we should be able to save some money. Do you have any advice on indicative costs (appreciate this might be a 'how long is a piece of string' kind of question). I've already messaged a few other solicitors.

04-07-2020, 10:12 AM
Working...
X