• Show
Clear All

• Interlaken
    replied
    Apply for planning permission?

Leave a comment:

• pcsjpa
    replied
    Hi guys, I want to do a 6m extensions on my semi detached house. But the problem is my land is o the hill and the house is on the top, so from the rear of the house to the ground the house is 1 meter higher.
    I asked my architect to applied for Permitted Development 6 meters Extensions and he told me I can't apply, the reason is the Maximo high for the extension is 3 meters so because the house is higher, the extension will be 3.6 meters high.
    can anyone adivise what do I need to do.

Regards
    Paulo

Leave a comment:

• pilman
    replied
    The Statutory Instrument that set out the new procedure included the obligation.

The development shall be completed on or before 30th May 2016.

What legislation actually allows an enforcement notice to be served if the extension is not fully completed by that date, is likely to be the subject of some rather interesting appeals.

Best not to risk not completing by the given date!

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    Ask the council to show you the legislation they will use regarding enforcement of this extension.

Leave a comment:

• medlock
    started a topic Permitted Development for Extensions

Permitted Development for Extensions

We are presently allowed to add 6m extensions to semi detached/ terraced family dwellings and 8m too detached

This started in 2013 and ends in 2016

Is this likely to be extended beyond 2016? What's everyones take on it?

I have PD for a 6m extension. My council told me they will take enforcement action on the extension if its not completed by that date

A rather harsh and direct i thought - so i thought i'd put this out there and warn anyone who is thinking of doing the same or already has permission

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X