Permitted Development for Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permitted Development for Extensions

We are presently allowed to add 6m extensions to semi detached/ terraced family dwellings and 8m too detached

This started in 2013 and ends in 2016

Is this likely to be extended beyond 2016? What's everyones take on it?

I have PD for a 6m extension. My council told me they will take enforcement action on the extension if its not completed by that date

A rather harsh and direct i thought - so i thought i'd put this out there and warn anyone who is thinking of doing the same or already has permission

Ask the council to show you the legislation they will use regarding enforcement of this extension.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

The Statutory Instrument that set out the new procedure included the obligation.

The development shall be completed on or before 30th May 2016.

What legislation actually allows an enforcement notice to be served if the extension is not fully completed by that date, is likely to be the subject of some rather interesting appeals.

Best not to risk not completing by the given date!

Comment

Hi guys, I want to do a 6m extensions on my semi detached house. But the problem is my land is o the hill and the house is on the top, so from the rear of the house to the ground the house is 1 meter higher.
        I asked my architect to applied for Permitted Development 6 meters Extensions and he told me I can't apply, the reason is the Maximo high for the extension is 3 meters so because the house is higher, the extension will be 3.6 meters high.
        can anyone adivise what do I need to do.

Regards
        Paulo

Comment

Apply for planning permission?

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Development permission over shared access
            by Davidwd
            I have an unusual situation, I live in a property in a private cut de sac of 5 properties. Property No.1 owns the substrate of the driveway and the other 4 properties own the surface and have right of way over the driveway. Property No.1 wants to build another house on their land and use the driveway...
            29-03-2020, 16:56 PM
          • Reply to Development permission over shared access
            by royw
            If they have right of access over the road then yes they can, a house built in the garden also has that right.
            29-03-2020, 21:35 PM
          • Reply to Development permission over shared access
            by pilman
            Depends if the property at No.1 has a right of way granted over the private road.

It would imply that No.1 owned the road but transferred the surface to the other four owners who have responsibility for the maintenance of the surface.

Any decent solicitor would have included...
            29-03-2020, 17:41 PM
          • Chimney pot gas compliance
            by Perfectgame
            Out home is a Leasehold ‘house’ jutting out from a refurbished Grade2* building comprising 55 apartments. Ours is the only one with gas supply to the C19th chimney. We had a gas fire recently installed, but the chimney pot did not comply with the gas fire. According to the freeholder the existing...
            23-03-2020, 15:11 PM
          • Reply to Chimney pot gas compliance
            by AndrewDod
            Is this the first gas fire in this spot -- why does it have a gas supply?
            If you plan to make some amendment to your flat why do you feel other lessees should pay the cost?

In this whole thread I think we need to be careful of words -- "responsibility" versus "rights"...
            23-03-2020, 17:49 PM
            by JK0
            I wouldn't argue IIWY. Plenty of freeholders not only charge lessees for doing the job, but bung on hundreds in fees also. Sounds like you have consent to do it yourself, doesn't it?
            23-03-2020, 15:48 PM
            by Interlaken
            What does it say in your lease about walls, roofs and structures outside the confines of your 'house' - that is where the answer lies. Ask the Freeholder to explain why he thinks it is not his responsibility. Usually it is the freeholder's responsibility.
            23-03-2020, 15:31 PM
          • Question on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
            by Clulass
            I realise its not the best time to consider a development project given that the world is about to shut down and maybe end, but it helps distract me, from our impending doom.

So to my question:

Am I right in thinking that there is no CIL payable.....IF.... you are converting...
            14-03-2020, 21:29 PM
          • Reply to Question on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
            by Interlaken
            CIL payments depend on which local authority you are in. In my area of work and having a Neighbourhood Plan in place 25% of CIL did go to the plan area for use in the community but suddenly our new Unitary Authority banned this so CIL goes into one big pot to be bid for. This does not please me and...
            23-03-2020, 09:34 AM
          • 1 bed to 2 bed conversion
            by slix_88
            Hi all

First time poster here after lurking on these forums for the past week. I've just put an offer on a large 800+ sqft 1 bedroom flat and was hoping to get your input with regards to the Building Regulations. For a moment, I am assuming the landlord / freeholder may refuse consent under...
            14-03-2020, 14:46 PM
          Working...
          X