• Show
Clear All

• Claymore
    replied
    No, they have confirmed the price.

Leave a comment:

• andybenw
    replied
    If it's like electrical connections then you will need to add on the cost of groundworks. My electrical connection cost a few hundred. But the short trench required cost over a thousand.

Leave a comment:

• Claymore
    replied
    Yes, I've already factored in the cost of the central heating. It's worth the spend definitely.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor62
    replied
    A couple of years back I nearly bought a flat the had no gas supply, I got a quote for about a grand to have it plumbed in from the street, but you have to consider the costs of having the premises plumbs, like central heating and other gas appliances, central heating will be a major cost.

Leave a comment:

• Claymore
    replied
    Result! I have had a verbal quote of £350 - £400 and suppliers have confirmed the gas mains is in the street.

Leave a comment:

• Claymore
    replied
    That's brilliant news. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• mattl
    replied
    A ground floor flat in one of our freeholds had recently got a new gas connection. Cost was something around £3k - for maybe 30m pipe from the middle of the road through the courtyard of the property, incl. installation of a meter (of course). That was in the South West area.

But I agree, just get in touch with your DNO (not National Grid but instead your local grid owner) and they should be able to quote you a number fairly quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Claymore
    replied
    OK, that's positive news. I will call on Monday.

Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    A lot depends on the run from the main.

Why not ring them up and ask? Last time I did this was in an urban area and they were instantly able to pin point the main in the street by me giving them the address and then even discuss the position of the meter in an outside wall by using Google Earth - basic price given at same time (£750 if I remember rightly). Wait was 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Claymore
    replied
    Gas only.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tipper
    replied
    Gas or electricity?

Leave a comment:

• Claymore
    started a topic Connecting to National Grid

Connecting to National Grid

Has anyone got any experience of having a property (house) connected to the National Grid.

Any idea of minimum/maximum costs? Any idea of how long it takes to get a firm price?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X