Consent cost from freeholder

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Consent cost from freeholder

    Hi experts

    I have a maisonette having just electricity going in and I would like to install gas central heating so need a gas supply coming into the property.
    I know I need contractors from the national gas company to get the connection to the property and meter from the energy supplier.
    I have consent from the neighbour for possible access to their garden. I learned today that the road itself where the mains supply is located isn’t owned by the local council
    but the freeholder and so need their consent. I have two questions please

    1 Could the freeholder refuse consent - there are many houses on the road that already have gas coming into their property
    2 Would there be a cost for consent? If so, any idea how much. All the works would be done by the national gas company and they will make good afterwards

    I have written to the managing agent and they are going to seek approval from the freeholder - so any advise on the two points above will really help.

    many thanks

    The gas company has a statutory right over private land . They know what to do-put them in contact with the freeholder.The Gas Act 1995 applies and you should use that to beat the MA who should know that....
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.


      Thank you ever do much, have less of a worry knowing gas can be supplied.
      Would the Freeholder ask for payment, if so what amount would be reasonable please


        Just got consent, no fees.



        Latest Activity