Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unadopted land

Hi
    Wonder if anyone can give me some Advise I like on a end terrace at the side of my house is unadopted land I have fenced part of this land so I can park and etc the fence I put up is about 5 ft I have received a ltr off the council saying they have received a complaint they have been out to access and because the fence is over one meter high I wld have to apply for planning permission and also change of usage they have advised it is un adopted or I could reduce the height of the fence or they will enforce action! Can they make me reduce the height of the fence as they said it's because it is near a highway but doesn't it have to be a certain distance from the high way before the height issue comes into it or are they classing the unadopted road as a Highway? What do u think my chances of getting planning permission for the 5ft fence an also to change the land into a garden. They haven't said take fence down jst reduce height or apply for permission !??

Are there full stops on your tablet?

Comment

Did realise I was having a grammar lesson
      Was looking for advise not a stupid input

Comment

Have you looked at planning regs? Google "erecting fence alongside highway" or similar. Pretty sure you are required to get planning permission to erect a tall fence by a road.

I did it recently without bothering to apply for permission, so I think you did the right thing but you may have to apply for permission retrospectively. What do you mean by unadpoted land though?

Charlie

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X