Converting Leasehold 1 bed flat to 2 bed - fire regulations query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you close off the new kitchen with a new wall and fire rated door then the escape route from the second bedroom is protected from a fire starting in the kitchen which is the most likely place for one to start.

The Automist system will also do what you want by adding fire protection to the open plan living area whether it has the kitchen area in it or not. No need for a fire door if you install Automist. But it ain't cheap!

Comment

Like the EA and builders comments , none of us cansay much, and opinions are not much use, until we see the exact wording of the alterations covenant in your lease, as well as the demise.

If for example you need to remove or alter floors or ceilings joists and cut into walls, those walls may not be yours to cut into or relocate.
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sad S View Post

Typically freeholders charge for consenting to changes of this kind. You are increasing the sale value, and the rent achievable, of the leasehold flat. Freeholder may want a 50% cut, if the lease permits it.

As the layout alteration is inside the demise the freeholder cannot insist on a premium or cut, unless it is going to impact on the value of his reversion, in which case under teh 27 Act he can.
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X