Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land Registry query

Helo there,

I am possession of a property with a land registry issues I wonder if you may be able to help with.

The property was compulsorily purchased by the DoT to dual an A road.

They eventually opted not to dual the road and sold the (derelict) property back to the public.

I eventually gained the property from the first people who bought it from the DoT.

However on my land registry charges register there is reference to:

(07.05.1997) Equitable charge contained in a Transfer of the land in
    this title dated 23 April 1997 made between (1) the Secretary of State
    for Transport and (2) xxxx in favour of the Secretary of State for Transport to secure the moneys
    therein mentioned.

Any idea what this could mean?

I assume it issome sort of compensation arrangement if the property increased in value - which it has as it is now refurbished and inhabited.

Is there a reference to "Copy Filed" under that document being quoted?

If there is then you need to apply to Land Registry using a form OC2 that can be downloaded from their web-site and sent with a cheque for £11 to have a copy deed supplied to you.

Reading that deed is the only way you will know what the equitable charge is about.

Comment

Note that the charge is *per Title* not per document, so if there is more than one document per title you will be able to get all of them if you ask.

When I was working out who had what rights in a rats nest of relationships near us the LR actually informed me that I could have all the other documents in the tree at once. This was important because it was a site sold off into subsites with mutual rights of way, a substation, and all sorts of call-outs and buggeration.

That happened because my habit is to visit the office to obtain documents. Most offices also seem to have free bookable parking spaces, though they keep quiet about it.

ie talk to them first; they are helpful.

Midlands Landlord
      Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

I think I've found the relevant bit - although it leaves me none the wiser:

As the transferor acquired the property on the 28th day of June 1991 the transferees hereby jointly and severally covenant with the transferor to pay the transferor on demand and to indemnify the transferor in respect of any monies payable by the transferor under Part IV of the Land Compensation Act 1961 (as inserted by Section 66 of and Schedule 14 to the Planning and Compensation Act 1991) or any statutory modification or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force and the transferees hereby charge the property on favour of the transferor with the payment of all such monies.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• 5 Year Private Property Licence Ended After One Year
          by AKRS
          Hi All, I could really use some guidance in a matter relating to the above. We were told by our agency handling our property that we needed to obtain a licence through the council. I did my research and asked all the relevant questions and found out that the licence will cost 650 for five years. Sounds...
          29-06-2020, 10:03 AM
        • Reply to 5 Year Private Property Licence Ended After One Year
          by Always Problems
          I made a complaint to the ombudsman which was successful. My council was really annoyed as they had refused to show me a copy of a document and the Ombudsman forced them to send her a copy which she forwarded to me.
          09-07-2020, 16:07 PM
        • Planning permission
          by dizzymill
          I am wondering if anyone can answer my question please?

There is a plot for sale in my area that has planning permission granted on it. The thing is, this was granted when the site was larger than it now is as the vendor has fenced a section of it off and built himself a log cabin style...
          07-07-2020, 18:58 PM
        • Reply to Planning permission
          by Always Problems
          In this case I would ask a Chartered Town Planner, Don't contact the council apart from looking on their Planning Portal
          09-07-2020, 16:03 PM
          by pilman
          The plans provided with the planning application will show the position and size of the house granted planning permission, as well as showing the extent of the land identified on the site plan.

The planning permission would have taken into account the area available for garden, and parking...
          08-07-2020, 12:27 PM
          by dizzymill
          Hi Tipper. It was granted for one dwelling but vendor has since built the cabin and fenced off the plot he is selling saying it has planning. But the planning was granted for the original whole site before he built his cabin that he lives in .
          08-07-2020, 10:01 AM
          by Tipper
          It probably depends on what the permission was for and how many dwellings, etc.
          Also when pp was achieved as they run out after 3 years in most if not all cases.

You can check on the local planning online to see the details, drawings, dates, etc.
          08-07-2020, 09:35 AM
        • Reply to Building Regulations Certificate
          by Tipper
          No not too late. We had the same situation for our three holiday lets.

We pressed the installer to register the new boilers with Gas Safe who in turn send certification to the local Building Regs which is what they are supposed to do upon installation, assuming they are qualified and 'Gas...
          06-07-2020, 18:35 PM
        • Building Regulations Certificate
          by kennyj52
          Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but what are the circumstances to obtain a Buildings Regulations Certificate? For example building a house, an extension, fitting a new boiler, installing a new light fitting, replacing a light bulb etc?
          I currently rent out 2 properties and own
          01-05-2020, 12:27 PM
        • Reply to Building Regulations Certificate
          by kennyj52
          Thanks for the advice all. I've had 2 boilers replaced by different installers over the last 6 years, but not received a Building Regulations Certificate from either one. I didn't ask the installers about it at the time as I was unaware of the need. Although they did provide Gas Safe Reports as requested,...
          05-07-2020, 12:27 PM
        Working...
        X