Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land Registry query

Helo there,

I am possession of a property with a land registry issues I wonder if you may be able to help with.

The property was compulsorily purchased by the DoT to dual an A road.

They eventually opted not to dual the road and sold the (derelict) property back to the public.

I eventually gained the property from the first people who bought it from the DoT.

However on my land registry charges register there is reference to:

(07.05.1997) Equitable charge contained in a Transfer of the land in
    this title dated 23 April 1997 made between (1) the Secretary of State
    for Transport and (2) xxxx in favour of the Secretary of State for Transport to secure the moneys
    therein mentioned.

Any idea what this could mean?

I assume it issome sort of compensation arrangement if the property increased in value - which it has as it is now refurbished and inhabited.

Is there a reference to "Copy Filed" under that document being quoted?

If there is then you need to apply to Land Registry using a form OC2 that can be downloaded from their web-site and sent with a cheque for £11 to have a copy deed supplied to you.

Reading that deed is the only way you will know what the equitable charge is about.

Comment

Note that the charge is *per Title* not per document, so if there is more than one document per title you will be able to get all of them if you ask.

When I was working out who had what rights in a rats nest of relationships near us the LR actually informed me that I could have all the other documents in the tree at once. This was important because it was a site sold off into subsites with mutual rights of way, a substation, and all sorts of call-outs and buggeration.

That happened because my habit is to visit the office to obtain documents. Most offices also seem to have free bookable parking spaces, though they keep quiet about it.

ie talk to them first; they are helpful.

Midlands Landlord
      Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

I think I've found the relevant bit - although it leaves me none the wiser:

As the transferor acquired the property on the 28th day of June 1991 the transferees hereby jointly and severally covenant with the transferor to pay the transferor on demand and to indemnify the transferor in respect of any monies payable by the transferor under Part IV of the Land Compensation Act 1961 (as inserted by Section 66 of and Schedule 14 to the Planning and Compensation Act 1991) or any statutory modification or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force and the transferees hereby charge the property on favour of the transferor with the payment of all such monies.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X