Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midlandslandlord
    replied
    If it a nuisance which you can take action to mitigate yourself.

Perhaps set a deadline in writing and then take reasonable action when you said you would.

ML

Leave a comment:

• Sad S
    replied
    Write to ward councillor for the property, or attend the "surgery" as suggested above.
    Local authority's website will tell who the councillor is, and probably the email address.

Once councillor gets on the planning department, you may get a sudden response.

Leave a comment:

• prof896
    replied
    Thanks for your input. I am nagging them every month at the moment. They do reply but it's just these "holding" emails. I just wondered whether now 4 months has elapsed since it was deemed necessary for planning to be applied for, that this is now long enough to allow before ramping things up to MP etc. I have no idea how long it takes to draw up planning applications for such a thing. I do sometimes wish the bad weather would blow the thing off the wall!

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    No doubt the owner of the extractor is hoping you will go away. Once an application is in it has to be dealt with within 8 weeks.

Keep emailing the planning officer in question on the matter and copy your email to environmental health. If you get no reply then send the 'when can I expect the courtesy of a reply to my email' communication and copy it or mail to the leader of the council (find out who that is) and your local councillor and MP.

That one usually gets action. Also see about going to your councillor's surgery - usually monthly at the local library or similar and complain. Sitting silently will get you nowhere.

I hope nothing nasty gets stuck in this extractor

Leave a comment:

• prof896
    started a topic Retrospective application - extractor

Retrospective application - extractor

Hi all

Not really a landlord query but I am hoping this is where all the planning experts hang out

To cut a very long story short, in 2012 my house neighbour, a commercial property, installed an extractor fan and vent very close to the property boundary. After many months liaising with the neighbour and with council environmental health, finally last October, the council planning officer came round and assessed that it should have had planning permission.

The extractor continues to run meanwhile, and. I am told by the council that the owner is in the process of getting quotes, assessments etc. necessary to submit a planning application, so this is about 3 months on since the planning officer visit.

My question is, how long can reasonably be allowed for this - there must be a point at which they can't delay much longer and either submit an application or remove it, given that it has been assessed as not having the required permission to operate? I would imagine that it will be unlikely to get planning permission in its present position/configuration and am wondering if we are just being strung along.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to 5 Year Private Property Licence Ended After One Year
    by Always Problems
    I made a complaint to the ombudsman which was successful. My council was really annoyed as they had refused to show me a copy of a document and the Ombudsman forced them to send her a copy which she forwarded to me.
    09-07-2020, 16:07 PM
  • 5 Year Private Property Licence Ended After One Year
    by AKRS
    Hi All, I could really use some guidance in a matter relating to the above. We were told by our agency handling our property that we needed to obtain a licence through the council. I did my research and asked all the relevant questions and found out that the licence will cost 650 for five years. Sounds...
    29-06-2020, 10:03 AM
  • Planning permission
    by dizzymill
    I am wondering if anyone can answer my question please?

There is a plot for sale in my area that has planning permission granted on it. The thing is, this was granted when the site was larger than it now is as the vendor has fenced a section of it off and built himself a log cabin style...
    07-07-2020, 18:58 PM
  • Reply to Planning permission
    by Always Problems
    In this case I would ask a Chartered Town Planner, Don't contact the council apart from looking on their Planning Portal
    09-07-2020, 16:03 PM
    by pilman
    The plans provided with the planning application will show the position and size of the house granted planning permission, as well as showing the extent of the land identified on the site plan.

The planning permission would have taken into account the area available for garden, and parking...
    08-07-2020, 12:27 PM
    by dizzymill
    Hi Tipper. It was granted for one dwelling but vendor has since built the cabin and fenced off the plot he is selling saying it has planning. But the planning was granted for the original whole site before he built his cabin that he lives in .
    08-07-2020, 10:01 AM
    by Tipper
    It probably depends on what the permission was for and how many dwellings, etc.
    Also when pp was achieved as they run out after 3 years in most if not all cases.

You can check on the local planning online to see the details, drawings, dates, etc.
    08-07-2020, 09:35 AM
  • Reply to Building Regulations Certificate
    by Tipper
    No not too late. We had the same situation for our three holiday lets.

We pressed the installer to register the new boilers with Gas Safe who in turn send certification to the local Building Regs which is what they are supposed to do upon installation, assuming they are qualified and 'Gas...
    06-07-2020, 18:35 PM
  • Building Regulations Certificate
    by kennyj52
    Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but what are the circumstances to obtain a Buildings Regulations Certificate? For example building a house, an extension, fitting a new boiler, installing a new light fitting, replacing a light bulb etc?
    I currently rent out 2 properties and own
    01-05-2020, 12:27 PM
  • Reply to Building Regulations Certificate
    by kennyj52
    Thanks for the advice all. I've had 2 boilers replaced by different installers over the last 6 years, but not received a Building Regulations Certificate from either one. I didn't ask the installers about it at the time as I was unaware of the need. Although they did provide Gas Safe Reports as requested,...
    05-07-2020, 12:27 PM
Working...
X