Searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searches

A vendor needs to sell their property in the next 5 days, due to financial distress

Local searches may take a few weeks

What risks do i take by completing without searches?

I've looked into things like, land registry, planning history, ive had the property checked out by a surveyor

What could go wrong and what would the searches reveal?

It's a very good deal due to the distress involved

I look forward to your responses, thank you

Debt on the property and a loan not discharged may be a risk, site may have mining or other environmental hazards.

Who owns the drains and any private sewers? The age of the property will give you a clue.

Are there any obvious boundary disputes? Is all the property/land registered?

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Buyer beware. If its too good to be true, then there is probably a catch. Can you afford to take the risk?

Comment

There are three categories of searches:

1. Local search. This will supply information about planning, roads, TPOs, notices served by the local authority and the like. If you Google "Local land charges search" you will get full information. Proceeding without a local search is a risk, but the degree of risk depends on the property. A buyer or his conveyancer or an agent can do a personal search at short notice, but although this will reveal any local land charges, you may not get the full information you get with a written application.

2. Title searches. These are vital as they not only reveal encumbrances not revealed by examining the title but afford protection against dealings after purchase. They can be turned round very quickly and so are not a problem for the purchaser in a hurry.

3. Other searches. These are many and various and in part depend on where the property is. Your conveyancer can advise which are advisable.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Access to new development via private road
          by rc1234
          Thank you for your replies to my post.

In regards to the farmer’s access - he has had access for approx 30 years via the private section of road in order to get to and from the farm/house which are the only things at the end of the farm track.

To describe the route - a vehicle...
          08-04-2020, 22:09 PM
        • Access to new development via private road
          by rc1234
          Hi,

I live on a street with 46 houses cul-de-sac. it is a private road - The land/road etc is owned by a the maintenance company made up pf residents, of which all of the households pay into for the upkeep and own 1/46th of the land each.

The private track/road running behind...
          03-04-2020, 11:51 AM
        • Loft Adverse Possession or else?
          by johnlondon2
          Hello there!

I hope you're doing good in these uncertain times.

I bought a leasehold top floor flat three years ago that has easy access (ladder that comes down and a big hatch) and has been put good by the previous owner which installed some lights up there and boarded...
          08-04-2020, 16:55 PM
        • Reply to Loft Adverse Possession or else?
          by Lawcruncher
          You cannot be in adverse possession against your landlord. However, the loft may be included in your lease. Read this thread and come back with any questions: https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...-Is-the-loft-c...
          08-04-2020, 21:56 PM
        • Reply to Loft Adverse Possession or else?
          by ram
          The loft space is not yours to use.
          The lease tells you what you DO own or is your demise. it does not go through everything that is NOT yours.
          Your lease clearly states you are leasing the rooms in the flat, and are responsible for those rooms, up to the ceiling, and not beyond. It tells
          08-04-2020, 20:32 PM
        • Reply to Access to new development via private road
          by Lawcruncher
          There are several aspect to this.

Before incurring any expense or trouble, you need to establish that the road is indeed private, and not a public highway not maintainable at public expense. From the limited information you have supplied it sounds private, but the devil can be in the detail....
          08-04-2020, 15:00 PM
        • Selling land to family
          by Jane S
          Hello everyone,

I have a question that's entered my mind recently and would like some advice to point me in the right direction, I hope someone may be able to help.

I have a grade 2 listed cottage on around 0.4 acre, with an old barn thats about to fall down on the side. There...
          07-04-2020, 16:44 PM
        • Reply to Selling land to family
          by pilman
          As an afterthought to my previous posting, the land within the curtilage of a dwellinghouse, even if it is a listed building, has permitted development rights that allow hard surfaces to be created and a new means of access to a highway created.
          That would mean that certain work could be undertaken...
          08-04-2020, 11:13 AM
          by pilman
          If the whole area of land that you own is land associated with your main residence then selling off part of that land does not result in any capital gains tax liability because of Principal Private Residence relief (PPR).

If you agree to sell it to your son without the benefit of planning...
          08-04-2020, 10:48 AM
          by Tipper
          Just agree a price and instruct a solicitor.

You may get involved with capital gains tax though and he may not get planning permission.
          07-04-2020, 18:21 PM
        Working...
        X