Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• islandgirl
    replied
    Many thanks. I agree about pressure groups - public meeting being held shortly! ell done with your case by the way!

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    I think that under the 'localism' bill the council has to take notice of what residents want.

I have had some success myself with seeing off an fruit and veg wholesaler who in the last 8 years has turned into a big frozen food and fresh food concern without any consent and using planning consent obtained in 1972 for 'a fruit shop'.

The key seems to be to get as many people as possible to write/email the council with your objections and utiliise your local MP and councillors to get a pressure group together. The planners cannot exclude or ignore your views.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Maybe worth a read:
    http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/...s-6398689.html

Dunno if anyone else knows this site: Under the Westway flyover at the roundabout where the road comes up from Shepherds Bush/Westfield: Can't see myself ever wanting to (or being able to stomach...) living there...(regardless of who else was living there...)

fyi...
    http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...rimination.htm

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• QuestForFreedom
    replied
    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    Are they 'always looking to buy land to settle'? What evidence is there for that?
    Dale Farm? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Farm

Leave a comment:

• islandgirl
    replied
    I have some - anecdotal of course but in my area we have to provide 15 PERMANENT sites and some transit sites. We have also had travelers buy land and move onto it permanently (in breach of planning) building permanent sheds etc to store their goods. Many of them disappear for a few months in the Summer and then settle for the rest of the year.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by QuestForFreedom View Post
    What get me with the travelling community is they are always looking to buy land to settle and yet their very existence is based on travelling. What's that all about?
    Are they 'always looking to buy land to settle'? What evidence is there for that?

Leave a comment:

• islandgirl
    replied
    Council saying nothing as they want to establish a site where the community don't want it!

Leave a comment:

• QuestForFreedom
    replied
    No idea, best contact your Council direct and get it straight from the horses mouth.

What get me with the travelling community is they are always looking to buy land to settle and yet their very existence is based on travelling. What's that all about?

Leave a comment:

• islandgirl
    replied
    Lots of views and no replies so perhaps I can ask another question - does anyone know if the legal requirement to provide gypsy and traveler sites which was put onto councils by the last Labour government has now been removed by this administration? I have seen some information which leads me to believe that it has but as you know you cannot simply trust the internet 100%! Thanks in advance for any comments!

Leave a comment:

• islandgirl
    started a topic Gypsy and Traveler sites

Gypsy and Traveler sites

Would be grateful if anyone has any knowledge in this area which they could share. If a local council identifies a piece of land as suitable for the gypsy/traveler site they are legally obliged to provide and initially the landowner says they would be willing to sell for that purpose (at the right price) but then changes their mind, can the council use a "compulsory purchase" mechanism to make them sell it? Any ideas please?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X