Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developers have changed street layout after I exchanged contracts

Hi everyone

I'm in the process of buying a newly built home from a developer, so far we have exchanged contracts with completion due in May/June. I went to look at the house during the weekend to find that they have now put a streetlight by my front door and at a height where it would shine into 2 of the bedrooms. This differs greatly from the street plan which showed no street lights near my house.
    Does anyone know what my legal standpoint is? although the developes have agreed it is in the wrong place and are looking into it they haven't given any other info ( I have requested that it be removed as I feel it may effect the resale or renting potential but have heard nothing back) and my solicitor does not seem interested at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help or info

Cheers

Bloyer

Originally posted by bloyer View Post
    Hi everyone

I'm in the process of buying a newly built home from a developer, so far we have exchanged contracts with completion due in May/June. I went to look at the house during the weekend to find that they have now put a streetlight by my front door and at a height where it would shine into 2 of the bedrooms. This differs greatly from the street plan which showed no street lights near my house.
    Does anyone know what my legal standpoint is? although the developes have agreed it is in the wrong place and are looking into it they haven't given any other info ( I have requested that it be removed as I feel it may effect the resale or renting potential but have heard nothing back) and my solicitor does not seem interested at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help or info

Cheers

Bloyer
    First, see Contract for Purchase. That should specify precisely what you have agreed to acquire.
    Unfortunately, it may also give V the right to alter layout beyond your plot.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

It doesn't remedy the situation I know, but you can apply to local council to fit something that shields your first floor rooms from the direct light of the street lamp, try speaking to highways.

Comment

Cheers to both of you for your responses. This morning I heard back from the developers and they are now going to remove the post before completion so hopefully panic over.

Thanks again for the advice

bloyer

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X