Permitted Development Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permitted Development Rights

what are the permitted development rights for green and farm land?

i've heard they are favorable and will become more favorable in April 2014

Who told you that? Ask your local planning department and see what sort of response you get.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

The GPDO in May 2013 created a new Class M allowing the change of use of existing agricultural buildings i.e. a building or buildings actually used for agriculture where this is for the purposes of a trade or business( but excluding any dwelling house) to a flexible use within Use Classes A1 , A2 , A3 [but not A4 or A5, B1 , B8, C1 or D2.

This change of use cannot be made if the agricultural building is a listed building or a scheduled ancient monument, and to qualify, the building must have been solely in agricultural use ( as opposed to disuse) since 3 July 2012 or, where the building was first brought into use after 3 July 2012, it must have been solely in ( as opposed to disuse) agricultural use for ten years before this change of use can be made.

Other than that I am not sure what you have been told.
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

was quite a cute move in so far as the local authority will gain a lot of rating income!

Comment

True, but it is more about the fact of the changing nature of smaller non "industrialised farms" and their owners, who are buying them and using them in a several ways, not always completely related to agriculture. The sort of people in Grand Designs
          Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X