communal land purchase

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    communal land purchase

    I currently own a freehold house which backs onto a gated private communal area which two flats also have access too. (One is privately owned, the other owned by the council)
    I believe the council own this area however noone uses it.
    I am wondering if it is possible to purchase a part of this garden area as it is disused and my house currently has no private garden area.
    If it is possible does anyone know of a way to approach this to try and be as successful as possible.
    Many Thanks rick

    Establish ownership via HMLR and appraoch the owners. The problem is that if the two flats have rights over it, they will still exist, unless they are prepared to sell/surrender those rights to you.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.


    Latest Activity