communal land purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

communal land purchase

I currently own a freehold house which backs onto a gated private communal area which two flats also have access too. (One is privately owned, the other owned by the council)
    I believe the council own this area however noone uses it.
    I am wondering if it is possible to purchase a part of this garden area as it is disused and my house currently has no private garden area.
    If it is possible does anyone know of a way to approach this to try and be as successful as possible.
    Many Thanks rick

Establish ownership via HMLR and appraoch the owners. The problem is that if the two flats have rights over it, they will still exist, unless they are prepared to sell/surrender those rights to you.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Chimney pot gas compliance
      by Perfectgame
      Out home is a Leasehold ‘house’ jutting out from a refurbished Grade2* building comprising 55 apartments. Ours is the only one with gas supply to the C19th chimney. We had a gas fire recently installed, but the chimney pot did not comply with the gas fire. According to the freeholder the existing...
      23-03-2020, 15:11 PM
    • Reply to Chimney pot gas compliance
      by AndrewDod
      Is this the first gas fire in this spot -- why does it have a gas supply?
      If you plan to make some amendment to your flat why do you feel other lessees should pay the cost?

In this whole thread I think we need to be careful of words -- "responsibility" versus "rights"...
      23-03-2020, 17:49 PM
      by JK0
      I wouldn't argue IIWY. Plenty of freeholders not only charge lessees for doing the job, but bung on hundreds in fees also. Sounds like you have consent to do it yourself, doesn't it?
      23-03-2020, 15:48 PM
      by Interlaken
      What does it say in your lease about walls, roofs and structures outside the confines of your 'house' - that is where the answer lies. Ask the Freeholder to explain why he thinks it is not his responsibility. Usually it is the freeholder's responsibility.
      23-03-2020, 15:31 PM
    • Question on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
      by Clulass
      I realise its not the best time to consider a development project given that the world is about to shut down and maybe end, but it helps distract me, from our impending doom.

So to my question:

Am I right in thinking that there is no CIL payable.....IF.... you are converting...
      14-03-2020, 21:29 PM
    • Reply to Question on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
      by Interlaken
      CIL payments depend on which local authority you are in. In my area of work and having a Neighbourhood Plan in place 25% of CIL did go to the plan area for use in the community but suddenly our new Unitary Authority banned this so CIL goes into one big pot to be bid for. This does not please me and...
      23-03-2020, 09:34 AM
    • Reply to 1 bed to 2 bed conversion
      by leaseholder64
      I think there may already have been an unsafe modification, in that the kitchen door seems to have been removed. I'd expect that to be a fire door.

If this is on the 27th floor, I'd say you were definitely creating an unsafe inner room, as the escape root passes through two high risk ...
      18-03-2020, 10:13 AM
    • 1 bed to 2 bed conversion
      by slix_88
      Hi all

First time poster here after lurking on these forums for the past week. I've just put an offer on a large 800+ sqft 1 bedroom flat and was hoping to get your input with regards to the Building Regulations. For a moment, I am assuming the landlord / freeholder may refuse consent under...
      14-03-2020, 14:46 PM
    • Reply to 1 bed to 2 bed conversion
      by slix_88
      Hello

Sorry, thought I'd bump this! I'd be very keen to get any input on this.

Thanks,
      Simon
      18-03-2020, 01:03 AM
    • RICs Valuations or Estate Agents Appraisal
      by MAPTON
      Not sure which section I should post this question!

A house in a very good residential location - normal 3 bed semi's sell for £330k (recent sale a few doors away) - this would be a standard 2 double bed with a box room and a family bathroom. The adjacent semi, on a corner plot has...
      10-03-2020, 15:53 PM
    Working...
    X