Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outline planning permission

Hi

I'm not keen that my outline planning application for 6 houses will be approved despite a big developer getting planning application for over 50 houses on the same side of the road about 100metres away from my site.

I'm keen to take this to planning committee. I believe only a councillor can take a planning application to the planning committee.

I know a councillor can take a full planning application to planning committee BUT could a councillor take an outline planning application to the planning committee ?

Thanks

If you are not keen that it is approved then simply withdraw it.

Comment

I know a councillor can take a full planning application to planning committee BUT could a councillor take an outline planning application to the planning committee ?
      Yes, of course they can.
      It is a planning application that needs to be treated the same way as all planning application need to be treated.
      Either a delegated decision can be made by Officers or the matter can be referred to committee for their decision.

The fact that an outline application decides on whether the priinciple is acceptable any decison still requires the formal procedures to be followed.

Later on if outline permission is granted the reserved matters will also need a formal procedure to be folowed before such matters are decided.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazatteer View Post
        Hi

I'm not keen that my outline planning application for 6 houses will be approved despite a big developer getting planning application for over 50 houses on the same side of the road about 100metres away from my site.
        Why are you not keen? If you get PP, it doesn't oblige you to do anything further. If what you are saying is that you don't think your scheme is viable now that 50 houses are going to be built nearby, then you don't have to proceed to the reserved matters stage and your grant of outline PP will simply expire after three years. You might as well let your application be determined now, as you won't get your fee back if your withdraw it and if it is approved then at least the principle of development of six houses on the site will have been established.
        IMPORTANT NOTE: If you take any advice given/follow any course of action suggested by me in this or any other post, you do so entirely at your own risk. You must assume that I am not professionally qualified in any particular topic under discussion (and therefore my posts are purely my opinions) unless I explicitly state otherwise.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X