Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Planning Law Re. Conversion of Commercial to Residential

Hi

I have heard that planning law has been relaxed, turning permission to convert commercial premises to residential into a virtual rubber-stamping exercise. My questions are:
    1. Is this already the case, or is this still a mere proposal?
    2. Do all business classes come under this new legislation or only some of them?
    3. Where can I find the actual text of the law?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.

I have only seen 'recommendations' on this at present but I can't see councils allowing everything to turn residential as a 'rubber stamp' exercise!

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

The Government issued a Statutory Order in May 2013

The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (England) Order 2013

Available to read on this web-site
      http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...1101_en.pdf‎

Part J allows an office building that was in use as an office building on 30th May 2013 to be changed to residential use.

There were also changes to extension sizes for dwellings, changes of use for certain farm buildings and increased extension limits for offices and warehouses.

Some of which need to be completed by 30th May 2016.

Comment

Like Interlaken I too had only seen 'recommendations' - the ones I found were on the Communities website.

Thank you Pilman for the info and the link. That's EXACTLY what I was looking for!!

Comment

That link is now broken Pilman - any chance of locating it again?

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Type the full name into Google and the Statutory Instrument is there in full on lots of sites.

"The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (England) Order 2013"

The direct link is this one:
            http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/1101/made

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X