local MP to assist in planning appeal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

local MP to assist in planning appeal?

Could MPs help for planning enforcement appeals?

I have an HMO property, with several residents in it - the council want me to evict a few as its over the 6 maximum allowed

All these residents would be made homeless as a result

They are very concerned and have contacted the local MP to assist us with the appeal

Would this be a good thing? Or shouldnt we get involved with the local MP in case it backfires in some way?

Thanks!

Has the MP offered to assist? Usually they keep out of these arguments. If the rules are 6 max allowed then why do you want to confront that. These rules are made for health and safety reasons not to scupper greedy landlords. (not that I am saying you are one).

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Agree with Interlaken - also, the occupancy limits are there for the neighbourhood's sake as well - it's no fun living next door when 10 people are living in an HMO licensed for 6, with all the extra coming and going (of cars as well as bodies), and noise that entails.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

It's an hmo licensed for 10, I have 8 staying there.

The residents will be showing the license at the meeting with the MP.

The planners are the ones insisting on getting rid of 2 tenants. However the license clearly states that it was issued by the council, therefore the planners are going against the council decision.

So i've appealed based on this. And i also have positive letters from the neighbours, stating that there have been no problems with the tenants and there arent any parking issues, etc.

Just out of interest, who are the appeal body? Do they have any planning experience? Are they normal people with normal jobs? Or a specific body? Thanks

Comment

But you stated in #1:

Originally posted by medlock View Post

I have an HMO property, with several residents in it - the council want me to evict a few as its over the 6 maximum allowed
          Now you're saying it's 'an HMO licensed for 10' and you have 8 occupants.

Confusing!
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

The appeal against a planning enforcement notice is conducted by an Inspector appointed by the Planning Inspectorate on behalf of the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.

The inspector will be highly qualified in planning matters and experienced for the task he/she has to decide.

The appeal will be decided on whether there has been a breach of planning control and whether the requirement to reduce numbers to a maximum of 6 is necessary.

Comment

medlock,

You're confusing the Council as a whole rather than a set of departments. The Planning Department enforces different regulations to the Housing Department. Just because one gives you permission it doesn't mean the other has to.

You need to speak to a Planning Consultant regarding the appeal.
              There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

Their is no harm in talking to your MP.

You should stick to the maximum limits, now you have exceeded them its a uphill battle for you.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X