Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redbridge imposing strange restriction

I have applied to convert a shop/office premises into 2 studio flats

Today they have come back asking that before I proceed I must agree to sign an agreement that should I be granted permission and should the project complete - I would be liable to contribute to some kind of Community Projects to do with health or the like - but cannot give a precise amount

Sounds to me like modern day blackmail/robbery - has any else come across a similar stipulation.

Ahh, Planning Gain.

Seems a bit harsh to impose it on such a small development. I would certainly ask
    a, what section of Planning Law they are using to enforce this demand.
    b, how are they going to calculate the contribution.

Get THEIR answers to these questions, don't rely on what someone will undoubtly (and pointlessly) post answering these.

Then you can seek the right advice on how to mitigate any charge.
    There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

You will find that since 2008 when the Government changed legislation regarding residential development, many local planning authorities have been able to impose a section 106 agreement on any application that creates a new dwelling.

Sums of money are calculated based on future Education needs, transport infrastructure needs, open space requirements and other local services because of all these "extra users" that the new dwellings will generate.
      The sum required is calculated on the number of bedrooms to show the number of potential occupants.

In my own area a 2 bedroom property now needs a sum of £9,000, 3 bedroom is £12,000 and 4 bedroom is £15,000.

Most LPA's have cheerfully adopted this new procedure, so I think t you will find that there is a Supplementary Planning Document that has been passed by the LPA that explains this change when dealing with a planning application for residential development.

The days when a planning application was low cost are now another example of the good old days.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X