Planning Permission/Building Regs

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Planning Permission/Building Regs

    Can anyone please advise if a long established Garden Centre retailing and subletting to consessionaires who retail from glass houses constructed of substantial metal supports and metal glazing bars with glass sides and rooves, require planning permission or building regs to demolish and rebuild or increase the height of some of the existing structures and to build similar structures on an area not yet built upon. Both projects would alter the appearance of the property.

    Is it necessary to obtain planning permission to surface a part tarmac part scalping (the largest area) car park with tarmac.

    I would be grateful if someone could please help with the above

    Thanks Rob

    Planning permission

    I would think that in this situation that you do need planning permission as your proposed alterations are quite extensive.
    I suggest you speak to your chief planning officer for an opinion first.


      Yes, I would agree that planning permission and building regulations would need to be complied with. Whether one has been applied for and, more importantly whether it has been granted, would be easy to ascertain by making enquiries at the local authority. If an application had been made, all affected parties would have been consulted and, in theory at least, their views taken into account before reaching a decision.

      It appears that the querist is aggrieved by the alterations as it affects him as a tenant. But his position would be governed largely by the terms of his tenancy agreement, or the lack of it, and the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
      Private advice is available for a fee by sending a private message.


      Latest Activity