Bill Information

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bill Information

    Bill information

    I am trying to get information on some previous tenants of mine

    I’ve mis placed some of their contracts and need them so get established use as over 4 years has passed

    I’m wondering if the following information can be readily available, or would I not be able to get them due to date protection act?

    • Electoral register of tenants in my property
    • Virgin internet users
    • Thames water bills
    • Electric meter bills
    • TV license names


    You can view old electoral registers at your local or city library - or online (for a fee).

    The rest is not going to be obtainable.

    What info do you need? and why?


      I need some info to back up my established use proposal

      Thanks for this!


        Do you use an accountant and submit rental accounts, a statement from him showing a rental income start date would help. Insurance on the property as well as where you live. list the tenants names and dates of occupation. Perhaps the council might not try and contact them. If they did ask for the tenants present and addresses you could always refuse and say that "Under data protection you are not allowed to release the information" the fact you have not got it is really irrelevant.
        I once read that with planning law its based on probabilities not to the same evidence standard as evidence in a criminal trial. But you presumably should have something concrete showing a start date and a name which can be verified. And perhaps make sure the use is existing as if you move their yourself within the 4 years you have lost the 4 year rule.


          The Council Tax section supplied me with details of council tax payments made by the respective occupiers of the two flats I had converted when I decided to obtain a Certificate of Lawful use when I came to sell the flats after 9 years of ownership.

          They responded quite quickly and confirmed the date that the flats were assessed for Council Tax Band by the Valuation Officer from Inland Revenue who undertook that task on behalf of the Council when the first two occupiers claimed Housing Benefit for each flat.
          If any tenants claimed Housing Benefit there is another council department to make enquiries of, but do not rely on the Planning Department to make these enquiries for you.
          That is something you must do in order to provide evidence of the 4 years that stop enforcement action from taking place, so that use is then lawful.


          Latest Activity


          • Chimney pot gas compliance
            by Perfectgame
            Out home is a Leasehold ‘house’ jutting out from a refurbished Grade2* building comprising 55 apartments. Ours is the only one with gas supply to the C19th chimney. We had a gas fire recently installed, but the chimney pot did not comply with the gas fire. According to the freeholder the existing...
            23-03-2020, 15:11 PM
          • Reply to Chimney pot gas compliance
            by AndrewDod
            Is this the first gas fire in this spot -- why does it have a gas supply?
            If you plan to make some amendment to your flat why do you feel other lessees should pay the cost?

            In this whole thread I think we need to be careful of words -- "responsibility" versus "rights"...
            23-03-2020, 17:49 PM
          • Reply to Chimney pot gas compliance
            by JK0
            I wouldn't argue IIWY. Plenty of freeholders not only charge lessees for doing the job, but bung on hundreds in fees also. Sounds like you have consent to do it yourself, doesn't it?
            23-03-2020, 15:48 PM
          • Reply to Chimney pot gas compliance
            by Interlaken
            What does it say in your lease about walls, roofs and structures outside the confines of your 'house' - that is where the answer lies. Ask the Freeholder to explain why he thinks it is not his responsibility. Usually it is the freeholder's responsibility.
            23-03-2020, 15:31 PM
          • Question on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
            by Clulass
            I realise its not the best time to consider a development project given that the world is about to shut down and maybe end, but it helps distract me, from our impending doom.

            So to my question:

            Am I right in thinking that there is no CIL payable.....IF.... you are converting...
            14-03-2020, 21:29 PM
          • Reply to Question on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
            by Interlaken
            CIL payments depend on which local authority you are in. In my area of work and having a Neighbourhood Plan in place 25% of CIL did go to the plan area for use in the community but suddenly our new Unitary Authority banned this so CIL goes into one big pot to be bid for. This does not please me and...
            23-03-2020, 09:34 AM
          • 1 bed to 2 bed conversion
            by slix_88
            Hi all

            First time poster here after lurking on these forums for the past week. I've just put an offer on a large 800+ sqft 1 bedroom flat and was hoping to get your input with regards to the Building Regulations. For a moment, I am assuming the landlord / freeholder may refuse consent under...
            14-03-2020, 14:46 PM
          • Reply to 1 bed to 2 bed conversion
            by leaseholder64
            I think there may already have been an unsafe modification, in that the kitchen door seems to have been removed. I'd expect that to be a fire door.

            If this is on the 27th floor, I'd say you were definitely creating an unsafe inner room, as the escape root passes through two high risk ...
            18-03-2020, 10:13 AM
          • Reply to 1 bed to 2 bed conversion
            by slix_88

            Sorry, thought I'd bump this! I'd be very keen to get any input on this.

            18-03-2020, 01:03 AM
          • RICs Valuations or Estate Agents Appraisal
            by MAPTON
            Not sure which section I should post this question!

            A house in a very good residential location - normal 3 bed semi's sell for £330k (recent sale a few doors away) - this would be a standard 2 double bed with a box room and a family bathroom. The adjacent semi, on a corner plot has...
            10-03-2020, 15:53 PM