Drain cover height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drain cover height

Wasn't sure where to post this question.

Does anyone know which Act states what height a drain cover should be?

I live on a new development and the builders did not fill in the drain covers straight away. The wheel on my car has now been damaged by driving over one. The site manager (without thinking about what he was saying) told me that the covers were higher than the legal limit. I went out and took photos before he covered them, following my complaint, but cannot find the legislation that states the legal height limit. He is of course, now back tracking!

Is the drain adopted yet by the applicable statutory Water/Drainage Undertaking?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

No, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob10 View Post
        No, I don't think so.
        OK. So look at the Adoption Agreement (with your title deeds etc.) and report the problem to the Undertaking in favour of which the Developer gave the obligations in the Agreement.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X