Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning permission contravention notice

Hi,

I have a very urgent question to ask from the experts.

I have bought a flat on mortgage through an estage agent. They did not give me any property documents for that, and they rented the property immediately. I was getting paid the rent and 25 percent was going into the agent commission each month.

There were an issue regarding the property about the Planning permission at that time. But the estate agent confirmed that it had been sorted already. But now after 3 years I got the letter from the council, about the planning contravention notice. They are saying, "they have reason that breach of
    planning control reffered to in the notice is taking place at the property". Now I know nothing about it.

I keep calling the estate agent and they do not answer me. I originally purchased the flat at the same condition and did not change it at all. And i was totally unaware of this dispute and i was not aware of all these micro details at that time.

Please help, It's very urgent and kindly explain me the procedure to deal with such situation.

Recently, I am a victim of credit crunch and have been made redundant from the company. I am in too much stress at the moment, please help.

Originally posted by PPIssue View Post
    Hi,

I have a very urgent question to ask from the experts.

I have bought a flat on mortgage through an estage agent. They did not give me any property documents for that, and they rented the property immediately. I was getting paid the rent and 25 percent Are you serious? That's more than double the going rate! was going into the agent commission each month.

There were an issue regarding the property about the Planning permission at that time. But the estate agent confirmed that it had been sorted already. But now after 3 years I got the letter from the council, about the planning contravention notice. They are saying, "they have reason that breach of
    planning control reffered to in the notice is taking place at the property". Now I know nothing about it. What sort of breach?

I keep calling the estate agent and they do not answer me. I originally purchased the flat at the same condition and did not change it at all. And i was totally unaware of this dispute and i was not aware of all these micro details at that time.

Please help, It's very urgent and kindly explain me the procedure to deal with such situation.

Recently, I am a victim of credit crunch and have been made redundant from the company. I am in too much stress at the moment, please help.
    Your first step needs to be to contact the Planning Dept to find the exact nature of the problem, once you know that, come back here and give more details. There's not enough to go on at the moment.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Originally posted by PPIssue
      I have bought a flat on mortgage through an estage agent. They did not give me any property documents for that, and they rented the property immediately.
      Don't understand. Please answer the following questions:
      • Who was the vendor? A private individual? An estate agent (I'd be surprised)?
      • Did you employ a solicitor or conveyancer to buy this property?
      • What documents are you talking about? Title deeds? Tenancy agreement? Agent's terms of business? Or a combination thereof?

I was getting paid the rent and 25 percent was going into the agent commission each month.
      You're getting stitched, big style!
      There were an issue regarding the property about the Planning permission at that time. But the estate agent confirmed that it had been sorted already.
      What did your solicitor/conveyancer do about this at the time of purchase? Was anything obtained in writing from the planning department?

You need to work with the planning department on what their issue is and to find a solution you are all satisfied with. Do not ignore them.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X