Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile home planning permission?

Hi all,
    My neighbour has recently placed a mobile home in his field where he keeps 3 old horses.
    It’s in a field on the opposite side of the road from his house and garden and we overlook the field too. Bit of an eyesore really!
    Can he just do that without planning permission?

No I believe not. Contact the council about a breach of planning if it is a problem to you. If it did not bother you my advice would be to do nothing - the choice is yours.
    Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

He can move it and stick it in his front garden though.

Pretty sure PP not needed for that.

He can keep it in field but not for accommodation - has to be used for something like feed storage etc

http://selfbuildtimberframe.com/mobi...f%20the%20land.
      My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
        No I believe not. Contact the council about a breach of planning if it is a problem to you. If it did not bother you my advice would be to do nothing - the choice is yours.
        Don't forget that if the person who owns the mobile home submits a planning application, unless the rules have changed, the applicant can go the the Planning Office and ask to see the file, and any letter of objection (even if marked Private & Confidential) can be read, so if you do write, remember it can be seen by the applicant.

Comment

It may well be the case if you go in person. A similar complaint by someone about an activity on my land was redacted when a copy was sent to me. However by the "turn of phrase" I know who reported me. Turned out the be the best thing that could have happened in the long run but that is another story!
          Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

They can only keep a mh/caravan in use on the property for any 28 days out of 365.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post
              They can only keep a mh/caravan in use on the property for any 28 days out of 365.
              I believe as long as its not for 100% independent living it can stay indefinitely ie as long as persons in the caravan have to use the main house for cooking (or bathing).
              My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

Originally posted by landlord-man View Post

I believe as long as its not for 100% independent living it can stay indefinitely ie as long as persons in the caravan have to use the main house for cooking (or bathing).
                Op says the field is not in the curtilage of the owners property. It is a field the other side of the road from the property in which he the owner lives, a field in which horses are kept, so my answer is correct on the info given. Planning permission will need to be sought without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post

Op says the field is not in the curtilage of the owners property. It is a field the other side of the road from the property in which he the owner lives, a field in which horses are kept, so my answer is correct on the info given. Planning permission will need to be sought without a doubt.
                  Ah some confusion.

I had offered the notion in post #3 that the neighbour COULD move the caravan into his front garden and provided comment on that.

The front garden being more of an eyesore than it being left in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by landlord-man View Post

The front garden being more of an eyesore than it being left in the field.
                    But at least I wouldn't see it there!
                    At the moment I will see it all the time when the leaves fall on the roadside hedge and even more when the hedge is trimmed which it is annually.

Comment

Originally posted by Piffy View Post

Don't forget that if the person who owns the mobile home submits a planning application, unless the rules have changed, the applicant can go the the Planning Office and ask to see the file, and any letter of objection (even if marked Private & Confidential) can be read, so if you do write, remember it can be seen by the applicant.
                      That's not true, reporting a breach of planning is anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzythumper View Post

That's not true, reporting a breach of planning is anonymous.
                        I was once told by a RTPI Planning Inspector that if someone makes a planning application when it is 3 days before the Planning Meeting the applicant can go to the planning office and ask to see the file. When I did this I was able to see "everything" from letters of objection which said "Please keep this letter confidential and another from a council officer who said that my application to build on agricultural lane was "the tip of the iceberg and more would follow" I won it on appeal.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Planning - Has the Job Stopped
                          by Interlaken
                          I find in my area that some planning decisions (simple non contentious ones) are taken quite quickly but more complex types that are not particularly beneficial to the community have hung around 2 years or so now for example 22 x 1 bed flats on a small site with no parking or outside space.
                          26-11-2021, 10:12 AM
                        • Planning - Has the Job Stopped
                          by Piffy
                          Ia run a small business, my next door neighbour runs a similar business but in a much larger premises, They have a buyer for the site who has made planning application for a totally different use, which if granted will make my business more profitable as my bigger competition will have left.
                          They...
                          18-11-2021, 13:58 PM
                        • Valuation Office not responding
                          by Euca1
                          Hello

I recently converted a commercial property into 4 new flats. During the construction I contacted the VOA to appeal the non domestic rating and to inform them of a change of use. This was done back in July, I subsequently received an email from an officer who requested further information,...
                          22-11-2021, 11:24 AM
                        • Reply to Valuation Office not responding
                          by Interlaken
                          I think you'll find that Covid is the reason one way or another. I find that lots of local gov/gov staff have either resigned/taken redundancy/retired during the last year and they have not been replaced.

It is now nearly 2 years since I tried to get some land I purchased registered in...
                          26-11-2021, 09:55 AM
                        • When does ignoring planning refusal become lawful?
                          by ChrisDennison
                          Hi all,

The question is in the title... there‘s a property which had asked for planning consent to replace its windows, this was refused, it went to appeal, the appeal was dismissed by the Inspector. Subsequently the windows were replaced regardless.

I understand there‘s...
                          13-11-2021, 21:25 PM
                        • Reply to When does ignoring planning refusal become lawful?
                          by vmart
                          What happens if the Lawful Development Certificate is applied for and refused but no enforcement action is taken? Can the Council take enforcement action related to the Lawful Development Certificate years' later or would they still need to take enforcement action based on the original planning app...
                          18-11-2021, 20:34 PM
                          by Neelix
                          Lots of planning departments have decided they can decide when they want and ignore the x weeks guidance.

lazy civil servants ….....
                          18-11-2021, 18:09 PM
                          by pilman
                          Have you looked on the planning web-site to see if comments have been posted that will indicate the matter is still under consideration?
                          18-11-2021, 15:27 PM
                        • Mobile home planning permission?
                          by Tipper
                          Hi all,
                          My neighbour has recently placed a mobile home in his field where he keeps 3 old horses.
                          It’s in a field on the opposite side of the road from his house and garden and we overlook the field too. Bit of an eyesore really!
                          Can he just do that without planning permission?...
                          25-10-2021, 09:46 AM
                        • Reply to Mobile home planning permission?
                          by Piffy
                          I was once told by a RTPI Planning Inspector that if someone makes a planning application when it is 3 days before the Planning Meeting the applicant can go to the planning office and ask to see the file. When I did this I was able to see "everything" from letters of objection which said...
                          17-11-2021, 17:51 PM
                        Working...
                        X