Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Stop on Planning in Sussex unless Water Neutral

https://crawley.gov.uk/news-story/20...ter-neutrality

All planning is on hold in Crawley and surrounds unless developer can demonstrate 'Water Neutrality'! This is a new one on me and apparently is because Natural England don't like the way Southern Water get their water.

Is this going to be a new blight on all building? I've never even heard of Water Neutrality before this!

So we can't use any carbon, we can't use any water (hydrogen & oxygen) soon we'll need to be nitrogen neutral in the garden and goodness knows what everywhere else. The whole country is going down the pan!!

The southern area of England has needed additional reservoirs for decades …….

the water companies need to invest

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Planning - Has the Job Stopped
      by Piffy
      Ia run a small business, my next door neighbour runs a similar business but in a much larger premises, They have a buyer for the site who has made planning application for a totally different use, which if granted will make my business more profitable as my bigger competition will have left.
      They...
      18-11-2021, 13:58 PM
    • Reply to Planning - Has the Job Stopped
      by Interlaken
      I find in my area that some planning decisions (simple non contentious ones) are taken quite quickly but more complex types that are not particularly beneficial to the community have hung around 2 years or so now for example 22 x 1 bed flats on a small site with no parking or outside space.
      26-11-2021, 10:12 AM
    • Valuation Office not responding
      by Euca1
      Hello

I recently converted a commercial property into 4 new flats. During the construction I contacted the VOA to appeal the non domestic rating and to inform them of a change of use. This was done back in July, I subsequently received an email from an officer who requested further information,...
      22-11-2021, 11:24 AM
    • Reply to Valuation Office not responding
      by Interlaken
      I think you'll find that Covid is the reason one way or another. I find that lots of local gov/gov staff have either resigned/taken redundancy/retired during the last year and they have not been replaced.

It is now nearly 2 years since I tried to get some land I purchased registered in...
      26-11-2021, 09:55 AM
    • When does ignoring planning refusal become lawful?
      by ChrisDennison
      Hi all,

The question is in the title... there‘s a property which had asked for planning consent to replace its windows, this was refused, it went to appeal, the appeal was dismissed by the Inspector. Subsequently the windows were replaced regardless.

I understand there‘s...
      13-11-2021, 21:25 PM
    • Reply to When does ignoring planning refusal become lawful?
      by vmart
      What happens if the Lawful Development Certificate is applied for and refused but no enforcement action is taken? Can the Council take enforcement action related to the Lawful Development Certificate years' later or would they still need to take enforcement action based on the original planning app...
      18-11-2021, 20:34 PM
      by Neelix
      Lots of planning departments have decided they can decide when they want and ignore the x weeks guidance.

lazy civil servants ….....
      18-11-2021, 18:09 PM
      by pilman
      Have you looked on the planning web-site to see if comments have been posted that will indicate the matter is still under consideration?
      18-11-2021, 15:27 PM
    • Mobile home planning permission?
      by Tipper
      Hi all,
      My neighbour has recently placed a mobile home in his field where he keeps 3 old horses.
      It’s in a field on the opposite side of the road from his house and garden and we overlook the field too. Bit of an eyesore really!
      Can he just do that without planning permission?...
      25-10-2021, 09:46 AM
    • Reply to Mobile home planning permission?
      by Piffy
      I was once told by a RTPI Planning Inspector that if someone makes a planning application when it is 3 days before the Planning Meeting the applicant can go to the planning office and ask to see the file. When I did this I was able to see "everything" from letters of objection which said...
      17-11-2021, 17:51 PM
    Working...
    X